Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: F2 release date?

ScubaBoard Supporter
    Go Red - Support SB!

Divemaster

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499

F2 release date?

Hi Nick,

When are you expecting to release your F2 fins?

Cheers

ScubaBoard Supporter
    Go Red - Support SB!

Divemaster

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Im in the market for alight weight travel fin and am considering the F2s if I have an idea on release date I can wait but if unknown will go with another fin. If you could provide an answer that would be helpful. Cheers.

ScubaBoard Supporter
    Go Red - Support SB!

Divemaster

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Hi Nick, any chance of a reply? Cheers.

ScubaBoard Supporter
    Go Red - Support SB!

Divemaster

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Just for anyone interested F2s are currently in production and due to be released within the next month or two. (thanks bubbletrubble)

ScubaBoard Supporter
    Go Red - Support SB!

Divemaster

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499

Thumbs down First impressions

Well my F2s arrived can't say I'm overly impressed with the finish not sure what's going on with the monoprene and/or the moulding. They have pits in them, the finish is not consistent they have shiny parts, dull parts, vertical lines, horizontal lines, swirls going in all different directions. Had I have seen them first hand I probably wouldn't have bought them, in a word they look "rough". I'm wondering if anyone was doing a QC check prior to leaving the factory.

The sizing is a little off it was recommended that I buy the small but even with the springs adjusted to their tightest position they only just fit in fact quite possibly too loose. They are a very large small. I'm a US 6.5 and wear 5mm boots.

I only hope they dive better than they look and fit. I'll find out Sunday so will post impressions after getting them wet.

Hmmm....Over all so far a little dissapointed given their cost. I expected better quality from Hollis.
    Last edited by buddhasummer; July 13th, 2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Spelling

ScubaBoard Supporter

Go Red - Support SB!

knows better, but that has
    not stopped him yet.

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Wish me luck. My order has also been placed for a pair.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/att...1&d=1396550637
    popcorn

custom Jewelery, inspired by my love of nature, and diving:

http://www.facebook.com/ringdoctor

ScubaBoard Supporter
    Go Red - Support SB!

Divemaster

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsyjim View Post
    Wish me luck. My order has also been placed for a pair.
    Like I said mine look pretty rough indeed so yes I wish you good luck..

Equipment Manufacturer

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhasummer View Post
    Well my F2s arrived can't say I'm overly impressed with the finish not sure what's going on with the monoprene and/or the moulding. They have pits in them, the finish is not consistent they have shiny parts, dull parts, vertical lines, horizontal lines, swirls going in all different directions. Had I have seen them first hand I probably wouldn't have bought them, in a word they look "rough". I'm wondering if anyone was doing a QC check prior to leaving the factory.

The sizing is a little off it was recommended that I buy the small but even with the springs adjusted to their tightest position they only just fit in fact quite possibly too loose. They are a very large small. I'm a US 6.5 and wear 5mm boots.

I only hope they dive better than they look and fit. I'll find out Sunday so will post impressions after getting them wet.

Hmmm....Over all so far a little dissapointed given their cost. I expected better quality from Hollis.
    Hi and thanks for your post. The swirls or lines mentioned are a normal part of the molding process, called flow marks. These almost always stay with the fin throughout its life. The shiny portion you mentioned would have been caused by releasing agent from the fin tool. The same is common with our F1 fins and is removed after the first few dives. Please feel free to contact us directly should you have any further questions including size concerns. Enjoy getting them wet 888-383-DIVE

ScubaBoard Supporter
    Go Red - Support SB!

Divemaster

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollis Gear Nick View Post
    Hi and thanks for your post. The swirls or lines mentioned are a normal part of the molding process, called flow marks. These almost always stay with the fin throughout its life. The shiny portion you mentioned would have been caused by releasing agent from the fin tool. The same is common with our F1 fins and is removed after the first few dives. Please feel free to contact us directly should you have any further questions including size concerns. 888-383-DIVE
    Thanks for your relply Nick, I'll dive them and see what happens. All the other fins I own have a consistent finish so I was surprised at the finish of the F2s but if they dive well lack of asthetics will be forgiven.

---------- Post Merged at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:10 PM ----------

PS I've seen the F1s and the finish is far superior to the F2s, no comparison.