Hollis LED 25 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GregSaiz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The Hollis LED 25 looks like a very solid light with a tight beam, good lumen output and a long burn time. I'm a little concerned about the manufacturing delays and problems with versions shipped few months ago. Anyone get their hands on one recently? If so, how'd it perform? What is the build quality like? Have the kinks been worked out?

I cannot answer your question but have noticed that DGX have dropped Hollis can lights from their inventory but are still selling the back ups, could be indicative of the issues, of course could be unrelated but makes me wonder.

I bought my hollis 25W LED around july of this year and I love it! Nice spot with little bit of spill, does well in poor vis and has great battery life. If there is problems with the light, then I haven't had any with mine.

I bought my hollis 25W LED around july of this year

I ordered mine about that time, only a little later. I was originally told it could be in my hands by the time I left for my trip to the caves in the Yucatan in mid September, but that didn't happen. I was then told maybe by the time I left for the caves in the Bahamas in early November, but that idea was scrapped as well. I just heard that the earliest I can expect it is the end of November. So I would have to agree that delays seem to be an issue for some reason.

Not sure about the 25W, but I have the 15W as a backup/travel can light and it's very good. Better for clear caves than murky pacific diving, for that I like my light monkey - just seems to have more 'oomph'. But the extra 10W on the 25 might be the answer to that as well.

Thanks for replies. An authorized reseller replied with this info: "The light will finally be shipping within the next 2 weeks. They had a potting issue, that would result in condensation after a few hundred dives. They fixed the issue, and redid all the lights."

I'm tempted to take one for the team and try this light.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for posting. New LED25 units are expected to hit stores by end of November. Delays have been caused by the introduction of several updates including a new LED, driver and reflector. Also included in the new design is an aluminum housing to help dissipate heat more effectively. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

I ordered mine about that time, only a little later. I was originally told it could be in my hands by the time I left for my trip to the caves in the Yucatan in mid September, but that didn't happen. I was then told maybe by the time I left for the caves in the Bahamas in early November, but that idea was scrapped as well. I just heard that the earliest I can expect it is the end of November. So I would have to agree that delays seem to be an issue for some reason.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for posting. New LED25 units are expected to hit stores by end of November. Delays have been caused by the introduction of several updates including a new LED, driver and reflector. Also included in the new design is an aluminum housing to help dissipate heat more effectively. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

I notice that online stores are selling this item now. Can you tell me if it is fully available now, or is the inventory limited enough to create a back order problem?

Hi John,

The LED25 is available in select Hollis dealers as inventory is just now hitting the market. If you are having difficulty locating a unit, please call our sales office at 888-383-DIVE so that we can assist you. Otherwise, your local Hollis dealer should have inventory shortly.

Nick

---------- Post added December 4th, 2012 at 11:58 AM ----------

Thanks Nick, will the new light have the same dimension and other specifications?

Hi Greg,

Overall similar external dimensions although as mentioned the material and internal components has changed slightly, not to increase output but improve efficiency.

Nick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom