Prism 2 needs a stand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rongoodman

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just finished my IANTD CCR course with my new Prism 2 and was overall pretty happy with it. It does need a stand of some type, though, not only to keep it from sliding down behind the bench seats on the boat, but also to make a little easier to get in to. My instructor had a prototype you guys made up, and I'd be glad to buy one if you had any more.

The only other comment I would have on the build is that it's pretty easy to cross thread the fitting from the loop to the counterlungs. It was a constant struggle to get the thread started evenly. Maybe a different thread in the future?

My instructor uses a stand made for another rebreather (for the life of me I can't remember which one). The stands are made in batch, so it can be several months to be made. I'm waiting on one for my PRISM2. The stand is stable & reasonably streamlined. The only mius I've heard about it is when sidemounting bailouts, it tends to clank a little.

I'd appreciate any more info you might have on your instructor's stand, maybe even a picture and the source? Thanks.

Here's the closest picture I can find of his configuration. I honestly don't remember where he ordered it from. It fits well & is very stable. I can try to find out, but may take a little time. Larry's PRISM.jpg

Thanks, it looks pretty good. I'd be interested to hear more about it.

Last edited:
Just finished my IANTD CCR course with my new Prism 2 and was overall pretty happy with it. It does need a stand of some type, though, not only to keep it from sliding down behind the bench seats on the boat, but also to make a little easier to get in to. My instructor had a prototype you guys made up, and I'd be glad to buy one if you had any more.

The only other comment I would have on the build is that it's pretty easy to cross thread the fitting from the loop to the counterlungs. It was a constant struggle to get the thread started evenly. Maybe a different thread in the future?

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the comments. We agree, the P2 needs a stand and it is something we are working on now. Hope to have something available soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom