NeoTek Semidry: Also For Girls?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vinegarbiscuit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm in the market for a new 7mm wetsuit or a semi-dry for the Mexican caves. I like the look of the Neotek Semidry, and it also seems very reasonably priced. However, I've only heard reviews by men (glowing reviews, at that!). Likewise, the only folks I've seen wearing it are men. I would like to know if it's specifically a men's suit, or whether it's a unisex affair - if it's the former, I'll cast my net a little wider!

Having owned one briefly I'd say it really didn't seem cut for a woman. The less stretchy neoprene they use (compared to most "super" stretch suits) is also going to work against a shapely gal.

I gave up on anyone replying, to be honest. Rather disappointing. I did talk briefly to a couple of Hollis dealers at BTS earlier this year about it, and they confirmed the suit was unisex. When I asked how it would fit me - I'm quite short and have an hourglass figure - they both grimaced and said "unisex". Meaning, I suppose, that there are better-fitting options for women out there! In the end, I went with a 7 mm Fourth Element Proteus. It's a bit more expensive, but it's a fine suit.

Hey, it's still good to have the answers to my question confirmed! Better late than never, and maybe this will help someone else.

Yeah, I'm in the need of new exposure protection as well. I keep waffling back and forth between wet and semi-dry. On extended dive times, the issues of having to go #1 becomes a real one. So that is a consideration for me as well. And I think that kind of rules out the semi-dry suits. I don't want to spend money on a dry dry suit right now. I already have one of those. I like what I have seen and and read on the Hollis as well as Waterproof stuff. B.

The Hollis looks wonderful, and the price is great. Perhaps a pee valve would put a semi-dry back in the running? I used to associate them only with drysuits, but I have seen a few men diving wet with pee valves. Lucky them! My husband's solution was a crotch zipper, which was an option with his Xcel 7mm. It was a great suit, and Xcel offers all sorts of options in terms of pockets, zippers, and the like. It helped that we lived in Hawaii at the time, just 20-minutes from their showroom - not sure how practical buying that same suit would be on the mainland, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom