Hollis R.E.D.S BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have some questions about the REDS BCD. Is this BCD meant to be a Rapid Diver type Bcd with a small pony up front for quick rescue work or is it an update horse collar bcd?

What is the largest size tank that can be held up front?

Hi ffdiver,

R.E.D.S. was developed for RAPID Response SCUBA Diving. The front flotation is shaped to allow the rescuer to provide medical attention to a victim while surface towing. The R.E.D.S. was designed with routing for all LP hoses placed internally to reduce drag and any chance of entanglements. In addition to public safety purposes, this BCD also serves as a great system for kayaking or boating allowing quick and easy deployment. Largest tank size is 27cu.ft.

R.E.D.S. COMPLETE SYSTEM

Thanks,

We have a dive team at our station as well is there some kind of demo that you can do ? I would like to try it and see how everyone likes it before we spend the money to buy 4 of them .

My Team has been demoin the reds for a month now, get in touch with your regional rep.

Hollis has been very good to us when it comes to trying units out and letting us really use them. We ended up buying 8 enviro pros two years ago and may end up with 2 or so reds.

Back
Top Bottom