BX200 BioDry vs. FX100 Biodry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am trying to figure out the difference(s) between the BX200 and FX100 suits but the Hollis website doesn't offer any comparison. The information listed for both appears to be the same. The table comparing exposure suits doesn't even list either suit (the table lists a DX300 that isn't described anywhere in the site).

Can you please give details of the differences and why one would buy one type over the other?

Also, there are not drysuit socks listed on your site, does this mean that one would have to buy the socks from another vendor since you don't appear to make them?

Do you make custom sizing for either drysuit models?

The BX200 is a back entry version of the BioDry suit and the FX100 is the front entry version. The suits are a vulcanized rubberized material on the inside, with sock feet. Hard boots are an upgrade option. The outer material feels almost like terrycloth but does not hold water.

I dont have one myself yet, but i dive with a crew of guys 1 with an FX100 and 5 with the BX200. The big thing that i would recommend is to get a custom fitted suit versus off the rack. I will probably go BX200 when i get mine.

T.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

with sock feet. Hard boots are an upgrade option.

Thank you for the explanation but I not sure that I understand the part about the feet. Doesn't the user need thermal socks to wear with it? Hollis doesn't seem to have thermal sock as part of the underwear for it. Also, can one wear it without the optional hard boots?

Most of the of the guys i dive with including me use the fourth element Xerotherm undergarments. We dive in 70-60 degree water. The Xerotherm is a system that includes undergarment pants, socks, shirt, and vest. Under that i will wear a tee shirt, cotton shorts and a thick pair of hiking socks. If i need warmer i'll wear the fourth element Artic and i can always double up both systems if i really need to warm up.

I tried the hollis AUG undergarments, but found them to be too floaty, too hot and they didn't fit very well. At 6'1" 220lb i needed a XXXL.

Most of us dont use the hard boots, we will actually use a 3mil wet boot over the drysuit sock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom