DG03 Update Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike.chuanshi

Contributor
Reaction score
When I start the software (Hollis Computer Interface 2.x), the following will occasionally appear automatically (if not, I can always go the help menu and select auto update):

DG03_Update.jpg

I highlight the one and only item (product) on the menu, and then click the download button.

I then receive the following:

DG03_Update_Error1.jpg

A closer view of the error message:

DG03_Update_Error.jpg

This happens every time I attempt to update, and if I hit the ignore button the message just reappears.

I took a look at my friend's computer and found that she did not have the same program.
She is, however, using Windows 8 whereas I'm using Windows 7.

Any ideas about how I can get around this and successfully update my computer?

Is this a problem that just started up or did you just download the software and get this error message?

If you just loaded the software I'd recommend uninstalling it, and re-downloading it directly from the Hollis site. Also I don't know if this could be an issue of USB drivers, so I'd uninstall/re-install those as well.

If all that is unsuccessful you would probably get a better answer from Nick, or Hollis's tech support, unfortunately with Beneath the Sea going on, I don't know how long it will take for Nick to answer here, so if you haven't already try giving them a call. (888) 383-DIVE.

Is this a problem that just started up or did you just download the software and get this error message?

If you just loaded the software I'd recommend uninstalling it, and re-downloading it directly from the Hollis site. Also I don't know if this could be an issue of USB drivers, so I'd uninstall/re-install those as well.

If all that is unsuccessful you would probably get a better answer from Nick, or Hollis's tech support, unfortunately with Beneath the Sea going on, I don't know how long it will take for Nick to answer here, so if you haven't already try giving them a call. (888) 383-DIVE.

This started after I had initially installed the software using the CD that came with the computer.

I followed your recommendations, uninstalled the software, and then downloaded the most up-to-date software straight from the Hollis website for a re-install.

Hopefully this is not an issue in the future when another version is released.

Back
Top Bottom