Spring Strap sizes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I notice some retailers selling replacement Hollis spring straps for the F1/2s. They list size options as Small, Regular/large and XX large. What are the lengths of each size spring end to end? Cheers.

Bump...

Post, email and PM sent. A reply to one of them would be appreciated. Cheers.

Maybe ask one of the retailers?

Cheers, have done that and am waiting for a reply.

---------- Post added July 4th, 2014 at 06:52 PM ----------

Originally the spring for all sizes of F2s was 29cm. Just after release of these fins I was in discussions with Nick who said that they would be releasing a shorter spring version. IIRC in the 25-26cm range. This never seemed to eventuate and eventually I gave up waiting/asking and sold the F2s Then when browsing LPs site I noticed they offered them in different size options. I asked them too but as yet have received no reply. I found that for my the boots I wear, with socks that a spring of 26cm might be what I need. I tried various third party springs and even cutting down the original 29cm spring. Anyway I couldn't get a good fit so eventually sold the F2s.

Recently I bought some DiveRite XT fins to wear with my drysuit after discovering, post purchase, the F1s were too large. I didn't like the pull tab on the XTs as it's too small to use with my dry gloves so decided to use a pull tab off of the Hollis F range. As I was swapping the tabs just out of curiosity I measured the spring and low and behold it was 26cm. I borrowed the F2s I'd sold back and tried them with the XT 26cm spring, boots with neoprene socks and took then for a dive and they were fine. Now i know i can get a useable fit with the F2s was considering re purchasing some. I know, if I need to, I can buy a 26cm XT spring set from DR which will give me the spring, but I'd also like the Hollis pull tabs to use on another set of XT fins so was hoping, in a rather convoluted way, I could kill two birds with one stone. I'd rather not have to buy a set of Hollis straps just for the pull tabs and a set of DR straps just for the springs.

Cheers.

piranha just got a bunch of their pin style straps back in stock, may be worth just getting some of them. I've been happy with them on my jetfins for a long time

You can shorten springs pretty easily. You can buy the raw spring material from McMaster-Carr.

What are the lengths of each size spring end to end?
I found this on LeisurePro if you are still interested:
Small: 9.5"
Regular/XL: 11" (confirmed)
2XL: 13.5"

Back
Top Bottom