Hollis LED 25 issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freezerbrn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I currently own a Hollis LED 25 canister light. I am the original owner. 80% of my dives are at night. I bought this light Feb 2013 and have not had a single problem with it. All dives with it have been in Rec limits. Never flooded, no cracks rip or damage to body, head, light cord. on my last two night dives, the light within 10 min of the dive flickered on and off then died. My back up light is a Hollis Led 5 ( and not to sure about that light now as a back up light).

The light was fully charged the day before each dive and yes I know how to properly store and battery and not over charge of fully discharge the light. cool dry place check the O-rings light cord etc. To add to this story. A buddy of mine bought the same light as a recommendation from me. his light failed him 3 time within a yr while still under warranty. each time repaired and sent back without an explanation as to the failure.

I am in the process of sending it in for repairs. Any word from Hollis about these issues with these lights? Recall? anyone else have similar issues?

I don't think a properly maintained piece of safety equipment used less then 100 times should fail without warning. Am i wrong?

I got a second hand LED25 and had a similar issue with it flickering and going out. I sent it to Hollis for repair and they ended up putting a brand new light head on it. The first dive I did with it after that the head flooded after about 3 hours in the water and finally went out. Fortunately I was diving in a fresh water cave and was able to dry the insides and reinstall the lens to dive again the next day. It has been working fine ever since.

I would suggest calling Hollis rather than emails and talk to them about getting it fixed.

Thank you for your story. I'll call them tomorrow. I have a lot of Hollis products and this is my first failure of one

Thank you for your story. I'll call them tomorrow. I have a lot of Hollis products and this is my first failure of one

Hi Freezerbrn,

Please contact our customer service department at 888-383-DIVE. Based on the details this could be caused by several factors, any of which are covered under our manufacturers warranty.

Thank you,

The light was shipped last week. It should arrive today. So Cal to Nor Cal. Let's see how this goes with service.

I am on my 4th light - still working
my buddy just returned his for another flooding issue

I have had a 25W Hollis for nearly 2 years now and so far it has been flawless. I love the light. I did have some issues with a prior Hollis 16W flooding - but Nick helped get them straightened out and I stayed with Hollis. I have a decent amount of Hollis gear and I always judge a company on how they handle a situation when their product fails. Not if....but when. Everything can and will fail. Nick stepped up and made sure everything was taken care of for me.

My LED 25 flooded again last weekend. fortunately I was once again in a fresh water cave. I disassembled, dryed and reassembled in the basin before continueing the dive. I noticed the bezel was loose underwater and was able to remedy the issue again.

For some reason it seems that it loosenes up during travel or diving. Something that I will need to check prior to every dive I guess.

Update I still have gotten my LED 25 light back from Hollis yet. Going on 1 month now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom