Hollis 500SE and angle hose adaptor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NCSaltDiver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just bought a couple 500SE/DC7 regs. I really would like to put a 70degree adaptor on the LP hose end but they just will not fit through the plastic hose knob on the reg. Has anyone else succeeded at this. Did you trim off the little 'wings' from the knob to accommodate the angle. This seems like it would be a common adaption to the straight hose attachment, so I am surprised that the knob was designed the way it was.

There are really two parts, that are joined. A threaded plastic nut, then a 'winged'piece. The winged piece, is attached to the plastic nut, but does rotate separately, giving me the impression that it could be removed from the nut. The nut is required as it holds the second stage internal parts, but not sure if the winged piece is absolutely required. Hence the question if anyone had removed it to add the adaptor.

I have a 110 degree adapter on mine. Pry the "winged" piece off carefully with a thin screwdriver or knife. Using two screwdrivers works great because you can use one to hold the gap while you extend the gap further along. Once it is off, you will be able to unscrew the LP hose and install the angle adapter. To reinstall the winged piece (if you want to), put a bit of dish detergent along the inside of the wing and just snap it back in place. The remaining soap will wash off during your first dive. Once the soap washes off, the wing will be very stiff again and not subject to easy movement or coming off.

I also trimmed one or two of the wings with a sharp knife so that the swivel would actually move around. If you don't do this, it will catch on the wings.

500se.jpg

Last edited:
Great, that is what I was hoping to find out. Thanks for all the help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom