Weight System options for SMS75

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Can you please let me know what are the available weight options for the SMS75? I know that there is the "SMS Weight Plate" but I need to know if there are other options (perhaps traditional waist weight pockets) especially of the diver decides to use this SMS75 as backmount BC instead of SM.

You can use traditional pockets of ditchable weight like;X deep, dive rite, etc. also a weighted sta or weight belt. Lots of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what I always love to use is the DUI weight & trim harness, where like suspenders and 4 velcro pockets, easy to ditch weight if needed...

You can use traditional pockets of ditchable weight like;X deep, dive rite, etc. also a weighted sta or weight belt. Lots of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am asking if Hollis has these pockets/options for this specific BC.

Would a BC weight pocket from Dive rite work for this Hollis SMS75?

(BTW, I am not looking for a separate weight belt, I am looking for an integrated type option).

BurhanMuntasser this BCD as designed for sidemount diving, that is why you do not want to attach weights where the tanks will sit close to your body- the only option is weight pouch that screws into back plate- mine has 4 pockets for weights, can put in upto 4lbs. each.

Look at the integrated weight pockets that the SMS 75x has. Might give you some ideas.

Can you please let me know what are the available weight options for the SMS75? I know that there is the "SMS Weight Plate" but I need to know if there are other options (perhaps traditional waist weight pockets) especially of the diver decides to use this SMS75 as backmount BC instead of SM.

other than the hollis backplate weight pouches you can attach shoulder top dumpable weight pouches or add weight on the cambands of the tanks your are rigging.

what else would you need?

what I always love to use is the DUI weight & trim harness, where like suspenders and 4 velcro pockets, easy to ditch weight if needed...

Same thing I use with my SMS 100

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom