Poor Customer service - Faulty Inflator on SMS sport 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello

I recently bought an SMS Sport from Dolphin scuba in California, shipped to the UK. The inflator failed after the 2nd dive when I had to orally inflate, No a major issue for me with over 1000= dives, but for someone less experienced it could be major issue. I contacted Hollis via their website to be told, 'we don't have problems with our inflators!!?' I forwarded pictures of the problem as the connector did not screw into the port and caused a free flow. No response and I am not expecting one.

Being an instructor, who generally recommends the gear I use to students, I can guarantee I will not be recommending Hollis!:no:

Anyone here have any experience with Hollis customer service?

Yes. That is why I use Halcyon and ScubaPro gear now and recommend those brands to students. The final straw for me was the BX100 drysuit (actually semi dry on most dives).

Hello

I recently bought an SMS Sport from Dolphin scuba in California, shipped to the UK. The inflator failed after the 2nd dive when I had to orally inflate, No a major issue for me with over 1000= dives, but for someone less experienced it could be major issue. I contacted Hollis via their website to be told, 'we don't have problems with our inflators!!?' I forwarded pictures of the problem as the connector did not screw into the port and caused a free flow. No response and I am not expecting one.

Being an instructor, who generally recommends the gear I use to students, I can guarantee I will not be recommending Hollis!:no:

Anyone here have any experience with Hollis customer service?

Your complaint is difficult to understand. I suggest you post your pictures here. How did it function OK for the first dive when something does not screw into something causing a freeflow?

Your complaint is difficult to understand. I suggest you post your pictures here. How did it function OK for the first dive when something does not screw into something causing a freeflow?

Yes, what "connector did not screw into [what] port and caused a free flow." Sounds like you're describing user error. Post pictures.

Halcyon customer service is outstanding. The folks who answer the phone actually dive and are eager to resolve any issues, if any, with the equipment. My experience with Hollis is a minimum wage employee who once heard about people who scuba dive. I agree Hollis makes some nice gear but the customer support leaves much to be desired.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom