Hollis f2 fin sizing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crunchiespg

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm interested in trying the f2 fins. Right now I use mares avanti Quattro fins in size XL.
My shoe size is a perfect Euro 43 or normally a U.S. 10. I have whites fusion dry suit boots that are size 11 and I also have some rock boots also size 11 to allow for socks and thermal booties.
I've read that the foot pocket on the f2 is huge. So I'm thinking the regular (medium/large) size will work.
If I dive somewhere warm enough for a wet suit I'd just plan to get neoprene socks and still use my rock boots.
so any ideas for size?

I have some scubapro 6.5mm hard soled full boots in size men's 10. I used the measuring chart with my boots on and came up size XL. The rate limiting factor for me was the height. The XLs fit me well, but there is room on either side of the boot in the foot pocket, however I adjusted the spring straps and got a good fit. I have just put 41 dives on them in the last few weeks and they work great for fine tune position adjustment and no knee pain or calf cramps, also easy to pack and not comically small. Saw about 4 other divers rocking them on my trip. They do not however have the punch of the seawing novas when you need to swim against the current. Still happy with the purchase, but fyi....

I would recommend measuring with your boots on for the best fit:
https://www.divegearexpress.com/hollis-f2-fins-all-black-w-spring-heels

Thank you for that. According to those measurements the regular/large is very close to my XL mares fins.
The short, and I imagine quite snappy style of these appeals. Especially for long cold dives where the big fins like my mares can be quite fatiguing.

I'm interested in trying the f2 fins. Right now I use mares avanti Quattro fins in size XL.
My shoe size is a perfect Euro 43 or normally a U.S. 10. I have whites fusion dry suit boots that are size 11 and I also have some rock boots also size 11 to allow for socks and thermal booties.
I've read that the foot pocket on the f2 is huge. So I'm thinking the regular (medium/large) size will work.
If I dive somewhere warm enough for a wet suit I'd just plan to get neoprene socks and still use my rock boots.
so any ideas for size?
My Rock boots are 9 I use XL with spring set to smallest.

I have the XL quattro+, and I also have the XL sized F2's. I had to adjust the F2's to the upper setting to tighten up the fit. I dive with a size 13 AL Polynesian warm water boot (light, narrow 3mm boot)and they fit fine. You will notice a difference between the two fins, F2's do not have the power of the Mares in surge or currents, but they are great for tight spaces or maneuvering on the reef taking photos. They are great for the frog kick. If you need the extra power, maybe the F1's or bat fins may be worth a look; they are a heavier fin than the F2. I only dive warm water, usually with an AL80, so I am not pushing near the gear as the cold water divers or those with doubles.

Mike

I got a good deal on some almost brand new f2 fins and also a hollis m1 mask.
These are a size large and seem like they will work well. I'll give them a dive and let you know how they work out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom