Hollis - please help me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manni-yunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My light flooded a few weeks ago. I have been trying to get in touch with you for weeks. I opened a ticket on 6/15. Ive sent several emails over the last 8 days and tracked my online ticket and it appears no one from Hollis has even viewed the ticket.

What can I do to get this light fixed? We are in the middle of prime time dive season.

I didnt want to post this as Ive been a Hollis supporter - but - after I called again today and got bouced around and eventually left another Vm for the "rebreather" service guy who apparently covers lights?

Out of curiosity, any reason you didn't go through your friendly neighborhood Hollis dealer?

I find most manufacturers are better equipped, and far more responsive, when they work through their dealer network rather than onesies-twosies coming in from end-users.

I'm with RJP, go through dealer if you can. Getting help on SB from Hollis is hit and miss, with more miss than hit. I think Mr Hollis must be busy of late as often posts here don't seem to be seen. The good news is if they are seen you will get good service. Getting them seen is the trick. Yes, go through dealer if practical as a resolution will likely be much faster. Good luck.

I'm with RJP, go through dealer if you can. Getting help on SB from Hollis is hit and miss, with more miss than hit. I think Mr Hollis must be busy of late as often posts here don't seem to be seen. The good news is if they are seen you will get good service. Getting them seen is the trick. Yes, go through dealer if practical as a resolution will likely be much faster. Good luck.

I adamently disagree with the prior posts. The local dealers only want to help "IF" they were the one to actually sell it to you. I know all to well as I have tried several times. I have found in the past that the Hollis guys on SB have stepped in and helped whenever a situation got out of control. The standard "why not try your dealer" is only supported by certain manufactures that spend money on developing, training, and supporting the dealer infrastructure in ways that not everyone does.

---------- Post added June 23rd, 2015 at 10:12 PM ----------

Out of curiosity, any reason you didn't go through your friendly neighborhood Hollis dealer?

I find most manufacturers are better equipped, and far more responsive, when they work through their dealer network rather than onesies-twosies coming in from end-users.

Casting a pretty broad net by saying "most". Some are better through dealer networks and others are much better going direct. Hollis has on online web based help ticket system. Ive tried local dealers last time and nothing ever got done. Actually I tried twice in the past several years. Eventually when I got directly to the Hollis people Nick stepped in and got everything taken care of. I purchase products knowing that everything breaks, fails, needs service. I judge a company on their willingness to service and response to that service. Some manufactures have strong training, support and an emphasis on their dealer network and others do not and it is advantageous to go direct. Right now, Im wondering where Hollis stands.

I am traditionally a brand loyalist. Once I pick a brand I learn a lot about that brand and try to stick with them. Im on the edge of dumping one and going shopping for a new company to be loyal towards.

I did end up getting an email back today saying that I can send my 2 year old light in but that they are not sure if it can be worked on.........a $1200 dive light should not be a 2 year item. Im not even expecting that it is covered - I specifically stated that I expect to pay for a repair and Im told it might not be fixable. Other companies are fixing 5 year old lights to maintain brand loyalty.......

I didn't mean any dealer I meant the one you purchased the light from if that option was practical, I apologize if that was unclear. My experience with Hollis customer has been less that great here on SB and direct. I'm glad yours has been better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom