Hollis Fx100 and rev / versions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saridnour

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hollis Fx100 and rev / versions. What are the changes?
I have one labeled rev 5, where does that fit in the scope of what is current and what are the differences?

Also I am looking to send this in to Hollis for service (needs a new neck seal) and am looking at adding the SI quick neck. Anyone know of any reasons not to do this? Am concerned about the material.
Also are wrist seals easy to change out? I was thinking I would add the si wrist seals later when the current ones go bad but am I better off having Hollis do it when I send in the suit?

Does Hollis only do repairs via an authorized shop? Rather mail it myself and save a trip to the store but am not coming up with much info on how to send it in.

Thanks,
Andy

I have a REV 6 suit and bought it recently from a friend who bought it in August. I called and Emailed Hollis, their customer service isn't the greatest. I was told that the difference is mainly the zipper which they advertise as a metal zipper with a plastic outer zipper, has changed to a plastic zipper with a Velcro outer protector. Also the gators have been removed, and neoprene socks are standard. They also said the suit has been changed to help minimize the air being trapped in the feet, and to streamline the suit in general.
I also will be changing out the seals on mine, however I am going to send mine to Dive Rite in Scuba. After speaking to a person on the phone from Hollis it sounded as if they were to busy to answer my questions. I wont be buying anymore Hollis equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom