Hollis Drysuits $299.9!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We have a closeout Hollis Neoprene Drysuit for only $299.99! Available in multiple sizes. These were made to be a swiftwater rescue suit, but you can add valves to it no problem and dive it! It has a very durable neoprene bottom with 2 pockets, Kevlar kneepads, and a lightweight upper with the horizontal zipper for a great entry into the suit and fit.

You can't beat this price. Even if you are just looking for something to clean the bottom of your boat, flyfish, kayak, whatever, this is a great suit that will do you well. We sold a ton to Fire & Police departments, and have a few sitting around.

Take advantage before they are gone!

Click to learn more

That is an awesome drysuit, looks like it is straight out of star trek!

as a whitewater kayaker (and former swifterwater rescue technician who wore suits like these), there is different ratings of zippers. Many swiftwater suits do not have the heavier duty zipper needed for scuba drysuit pressures. If the zipper is the heavier duty scuba-type zipper, these would be an epic deal!
Shell

We could put the valves in for $200 including valves and install.

It does come with the Medium weight zipper, but not the heavy duty. They heavy duty just isn't needed by most people, so not many manufacturers use it anymore. This one will definitely take a beating though!

That is an awesome drysuit, looks like it is straight out of star trek!

Thank goodness it's not a red top! :D

I saved the valves from a couple of my old dry suits. Looking at this one, it seems that there is some kind of pocket space on the back- it's folded down and then there is a strap that wraps around the front to hold it down.

Am I observing that correctly? If so, would gas get trapped in that space and possibly cause bouyancy wierdness? Im super tempted, but I fear strapping a balloon on my back :)

Gary

That is not a pocket. The suit is a side zipper, so it gets wrapped around the boddy. There isn't any space for air to get trapped, as it's wrapped around you. It's actually a VERY streamlined and efficient design. Most people prefer it over traditional zipper entries. It just never gained wide notoriety due to it being a little more work with wrapping it.

Don't worry about buoyancy or a balloon on your back, I promise it can't do that by design :wink: Also, Rich is too small for the suit he is wearing, so the pic doesn't do full justice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom