What's a pirate's favorite food?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
What's a pirate's favorite food?
arrrrrrrrrrrrrtichokes.
let the games begin!

What is a pirate's favorite dessert?

Chips A-Hoy!

Pirate Riddles for Sophisticates...

Q: What's a pirate's favorite aspect of computational linguistics?
A: PARRRsing sentences.

Q: Of which concept shared by Jungian psychology and Northrop Frye's literary theory are pirates especially fond?
A: ARRRchetype.

Q: Who's a pirate's favorite member of the creative team behind "32 Short Films About Glenn Gould"?
A: Don McKellARRR.

Q: Of all of Richard Harris's many achievements in the performing arts, which is a pirate's favorite?
A: "MacARRRthur PARRRk."

Q: What's a pirate's favorite alliance-creating diplomatic agreement from the Second World War?
A: The TripARRRtite Pact.

Q: Which ancient Greek lyric poet do pirates like the best?
A: PindARRR.

Q: If a pirate were to recite one of the Olympian odes by the aforementioned poet, which one would it be?
A: The XIth Nemean Ode, "To ARRRistagoras, the Prytanis of Tenedos, son of ARRRchesilaus."

Q: If that same pirate were then to recite a 20th-century poem about the nature of poetry, what would it be?
A: "ARRRs Poetica" by ARRRchibald MacLeish.

Q: What if he went on to recite a poem by Sir Walter Scott?
A: "LochinvARRR."

Q: Why does that pirate keep reciting poetry, anyway? Is he some sort of Nancy-boy?
A: Aye, 'tis a Nancy-boy he be. Arrr.

Q: Of the ghosts that appear to Ebenezer Scrooge in "A Christmas Carol," which do pirates prefer?
A: Jacob MARRRley.

Q: Can we replace that last one with something about Bob Marley, so we can have an additional gag about RastafARRRianism?
A: No.

Q: Whom did the pirate vote for in the Haitian election?
A: ARRRistide.

Q: Wait. Why did they let a pirate vote in the Haitian election?
A: Remember, the nation was taking its first halting steps toward democracy, and balloting procedures were rather chaotic. The pirate just slipped in somehow. Arrr.

Q: I don't buy it. Pirates care nothing for participating in the electoral process.
A: Look, can we finish this up soon? I'm having those phantom pains in my wooden leg.

Q: A phenomenon first described in the 17th century by which important contributor to the field of amputation surgery?
A: Oh, this is getting ridiculous.

Q: Just say it.
A: Ambroise PARRRé.

Q: You can go now.
A: Arrr. Nancy-boy.

What's that pirate's name?
Arrrrrrrrrrrthur.

A wench saw a pirate drinking 'is grog in a tavern. She noticed (and was excited by) the evidence of the rough life he'd led - peg leg, hook for his right hand and an eye patch. Unable to contain herself, she sat next to him, and said, "Oh you poor dear, you must have been through some horrible experiences."

"Aye, me buxom beauty, it's part of a pirate's life."

"Tell, me, how ever did you lose your leg?"

"Well, it was in rough seas where I fell overboard. I couldn't swim, but luckily a line was trailing behing the ship, I was able to grab the line and pull myself back on board, but just before I hauled me carcass out of the water, a shark bit me leff off just above the knee."

"How dreadful! You poor dear, but how'd you lose your hand?"

"Well, luv, we was a pillaging and a plundering and I didn't see the scurvy dog who was a hiding amoungst the plunder until he jumped out with his sword and lopped off me hand. I skewer'd him with his own sword, but the damage was done."

"Oh, you poor, poor man! I almost can't ask, but I have to know, in what dreadful manner did you lose your eye?"

"Well, me lovely, I was walking along the dock, heading back to me ship when a seagull flew directly over me 'ead. I looked up ta watch him fly over just as 'e cut loose with a load that splatted right in me eye."

"Um, but while that's not pleasant, surely a little fecal matter wouldn't cause you to lose your eye."

"It was me first day wit me hook."

Favorite spice?

Arrrrrrrregano

In what state did the pirate live?

Arrregon

Why was the pirate sick?

He had scarrrrrrvy!

What does a pirate inflate his drysuit with?

Arrrrrrgon!

s_296.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom