New Generation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlndavid

私は寿司およびアジア女性を食べるã
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Old School:
A college student at a recent UM football game challenged a senior citizen sitting next to him, saying it was impossible for their generation to understand his.

"You grew up in a different world," the student said loud enough for the whole crowd to hear. "Today we have television, jet planes, space travel, man has walked on the Moon, our spaceships have visited Mars, we even have nuclear energy, electric and hydrogen cars, computers with light-speed processing .... and .uh.."

Taking advantage of a pause in the student's litany, the old gentleman said, "You're right. We didn't have those things when we were young; so we invented them, you little twit! What the hell are you doing for the next generation??"
(I love senior citizens)

AHHAHAHAHA that senior is completely right and a genius!

lol :rofl: too funny

:lol2:
don't worry, we're not all like that so don't treat us like we are. but the baby boomers didn't invent one of the most influential devices of our time, it was invented by a college student (or so I think.... might've been, but certianly it wasn't an invention of the 50+'s...) and that is:

the Internet.

so, stop saying we don't do nothing.... :D

baltimoron:
it was invented by a college student (or so I think.... might've been, but certianly it wasn't an invention of the 50+'s...) and that is:
the Internet.

Was his name Al Gore? :eyebrow:

baltimoron:
:lol2:
don't worry, we're not all like that so don't treat us like we are. but the baby boomers didn't invent one of the most influential devices of our time, it was invented by a college student (or so I think.... might've been, but certianly it wasn't an invention of the 50+'s...) and that is:

the Internet.

so, stop saying we don't do nothing.... :D

Well, you're sort of right. Since "Baby Boomers" are defined as being born shortly after WWII, the guy who invented the internet was not, in fact, a boomer. He's now 61 and his name is Vinton Cerf (pronounced like Surf - surfing the net). Born in '43.

That's the internet. The commonly used world wide web network was developed by Tim Berners-Lee between '89 and 91. He is definitely a boomer and a Brit. Born '55

DeepDog :cheers:

Ha, we all know my classmate Al Gore didn't invent the Internet. It was up and running while we were still in college if memory serves me right. Cerf of course deserves much of the credit (but IMHO not all).

As a 50+, I too will be interested in seeing what my son's generation does to make the world a better place.

Dr. Bill

DeepDog:
Well, you're sort of right. Since "Baby Boomers" are defined as being born shortly after WWII, the guy who invented the internet was not, in fact, a boomer. He's now 61 and his name is Vinton Cerf (pronounced like Surf - surfing the net). Born in '43.

That's the internet. The commonly used world wide web network was developed by Tim Berners-Lee between '89 and 91. He is definitely a boomer and a Brit. Born '55

DeepDog :cheers:

Well..... ok, you win on technicalities. But c'mon!!! the internet is so ours!!
:11:

~~ :babycrawl Zack

Back
Top Bottom