Quotes and taglines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharpenu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have noticed a few people sporting humourous taglines in their posts. What are some funny ones you have seen? For example:

"I drank WHAT?" ~ Socrates

"How was the play, Mrs Lincoln?"

How about some others?

I love to quote! If you read my posts, you will see that I quote with some irregularity...

I have just wanted someone to quote me...

That said, I must quote one of my favorite souls from the past, Benjamin Disraeli:

"Talk to a man about himself and he will listen for hours."

or

"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me."

Then, of course, there is Yogi Berra:

"The future ain't what it used to be."

or

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

or

"You gotta be very careful if you don't know where you're going because you might not get there."

or

"I am not goin' to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school the way I did."

and, finally,

"I don't wanna make the wrong mistake"

Which I may have just made...

Joewr...who did not include WC Fields, HL Mencken, Mae West or Groucho Marx...or Harpo (beep, beep, honk)...

• All Scottish food is based on a dare

New utility available: AirConditioner v2.05, runs under Windows

My other Computer is a Suunto Cobra

Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to reboot the universe.
And the old standbys
  • Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too hard to read

Visualize swirld peas

Your Karma ran over my dogma

My religious dislyxic son believes in his Dog

Originally posted by TexasMike
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too hard to read

TexasMike,

That is one of Groucho's "cleaner" quotes!

Another somewhat less something or other...

"Here's to our girlfriends and wives! May they never meet!"

also,

"He acts like an idiot. He talks like an idiot. But don't let that fool you: he is an idiot!"

Joewr...don't get me started...

Okay, GrandPa......:)

"I once shot an elephant in my pajamas...."

"My name is Raymond Jay Johnson, Jr."

Now, you can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me Ray Jay, or you can call me R. Jay, or you can call me R. Jay Jay, or you can call me Junior.

But you doesn't have to call me Johnson.

(fondly remembers watching Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in)

SOCK IT TO ME!

Originally posted by TexasMike

(fondly remembers watching Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in)

in a bikini! Verrrry Interesting, but not....

"Say Good-night, Dick!"

Joewr...I said, "Don't get me started."

Texas Mike: a corollary to your dyslexic line: Did you hear about the dyslexic, insomniac agnostic? He lay awake all night wondering if there is a Dog?

From Mark Twain; "As I get older, I find that I can remember everything...whether it happened or not." (Editor's note: the three periods may not have been in the original...but I like them anyway.)

From Satchel Paige, one of the 20th century's great philosophers: "Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits."

Remember the the Groucho Marxx show? Remember the time Groucho had a husband and wife along with their 27 children as guests on his show? Keep in mind that this man had fathered, and this lady had given birth to all of them. Groucho asked the man "Sir why did you have so many children?" The man replied,"Because I love my wife" Groucho replied to the man,"I love my cigar to, but I take it out of my mouth occasionally!":tease: I was to young to understand why that was so funny and Dad didn't seem to want to explain it... :tree:Bob

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

"I once shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas I'll never know."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom