Ikelite Gamma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rechargeable batteries can be used, but are not recommended due to their short burn time.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Can I use this battery?

SeaLife Tenergy 18650 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery SL9816

This is battery is used for the Sea Life sea dragon, which uses two CR133 batteries or the battery above. Size will match, the question is : Can the Ikelite Gamma handle 3.7V and how will this affect the LED?

Thank you.
Tamas

Can I use this battery?

SeaLife Tenergy 18650 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery SL9816

This is battery is used for the Sea Life sea dragon, which uses two CR133 batteries or the battery above. Size will match, the question is : Can the Ikelite Gamma handle 3.7V and how will this affect the LED?

Thank you.
Tamas

Yes, it is OK to those batteries. It won’t hurt anything. The run time won’t be as good as primary cells but the Tenergy batteries are a respectable brand.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Yes, it is OK to those batteries. It won’t hurt anything. The run time won’t be as good as primary cells but the Tenergy batteries are a respectable brand.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Thank you. Even if the voltage of those batteries is 3.7V (CR123 is 3V) is it ok to use them?

Actually the Tenergy battery is 2600 mah, so it will last longer than two CR123 batteries.

Hi Brett,

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I've received this message from Ikelite staff:

"[/FONT]Hi Támas,

Thanks for your interest in the Ikelite Gamma light. The Gamma features a non-replacable Philips Lumileds LED bulb. We cannot guarantee a lifetime for the bulb, but it is expected to be 50 to 100 times that of a regular incandescent bulb.

The 3.7V rechargeable lithium ion you referenced is not compatible with the Gamma flashlight.

Regards,
Jean"

The Ikelite work with CR123 batteries which are 3V. The 18650 type battery is exactly the size of two CR123 batteries, 3400mah , but voltage is 3.7.

For the Sea Lift mini flash light they recommend either two CR123 batteries or one 1650 battery, which is rechargeable. I believe this would work with Ikelite Gamma as well.

You mentioned here that the Sealife 18650 battery is compatible with the Ikelite Gamma. As you can see above, Jean is saying that it is not compatible.
I believe you are right and it is compatible, but I don't know th exact type of the bulb used, so I can check if the 3.7V will be handled by the bulb or not.
Could you please check with the technical team regarding this question? I received two different answes and I want to make sure that 18650 lithium batteries won't damage the flashlight and I can use them safely.

Thank you.
Regards,
Tamas

Hi Brett,

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I've received this message from Ikelite staff:

"[/FONT]Hi Támas,

Thanks for your interest in the Ikelite Gamma light. The Gamma features a non-replacable Philips Lumileds LED bulb. We cannot guarantee a lifetime for the bulb, but it is expected to be 50 to 100 times that of a regular incandescent bulb.

The 3.7V rechargeable lithium ion you referenced is not compatible with the Gamma flashlight.

Regards,
Jean"

The Ikelite work with CR123 batteries which are 3V. The 18650 type battery is exactly the size of two CR123 batteries, 3400mah , but voltage is 3.7.

For the Sea Lift mini flash light they recommend either two CR123 batteries or one 1650 battery, which is rechargeable. I believe this would work with Ikelite Gamma as well.

You mentioned here that the Sealife 18650 battery is compatible with the Ikelite Gamma. As you can see above, Jean is saying that it is not compatible.
I believe you are right and it is compatible, but I don't know th exact type of the bulb used, so I can check if the 3.7V will be handled by the bulb or not.
Could you please check with the technical team regarding this question? I received two different answes and I want to make sure that 18650 lithium batteries won't damage the flashlight and I can use them safely.

Thank you.
Regards,
Tamas

Hi Tamas, the two Cr123 batteries stacked in series produce 6 volt nominally and your 18650 is 3.7 volts. It's unlikely you can damage the light by using a lower voltage, so if I were you I'd just try the 18650 and see if it works.

Hi Tamas, the two Cr123 batteries stacked in series produce 6 volt nominally and your 18650 is 3.7 volts. It's unlikely you can damage the light by using a lower voltage, so if I were you I'd just try the 18650 and see if it works.

Tamas,

The Gamma can run on two rechargeable 123s, but not a single 18650.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Rechargeable batteries can be used, but are not recommended due to their short burn time.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite
Tamas,

The Gamma can run on two rechargeable 123s, but not a single 18650.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite
Hello this is out of this topic sorry how possible gamma mark 1 220 lumens with 10 hours burning time and new one 350 lumens 10 hours burning time if same consumption of bulb exist even different bulb used theorically doesn't seems to me logic !!! Appreciate if somebody from ikelite explains that . cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom