Strobe losing synch with TTL connection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zf2nt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm using a Canon G15 with the corresponding Ikelite housing and an [old] DS50 strobe. I have noticed that after taking a single image with the G15, the camera loses synch with the strobe and does not display the little lightening bolt to indicate it is talking to the strobe. If I switch the strobe from "TTL" of "off" and then back to TTL, then the lightening bolt comes back on again and the next image I take will have a preflash and then the strobe intensity cut back appropriately via the TTL connection. But then after I take that image, I'm back where I started again and have to reset the strobe to get it to synch with the camera. I've recharged all the batteries, but that didn't seem to have an effect. What am I doing wrong? I know the camera used to maintain synch with the strobe and I could take multiple images with the strobe without having to reset it.

I'm using a Canon G15 with the corresponding Ikelite housing and an [old] DS50 strobe. I have noticed that after taking a single image with the G15, the camera loses synch with the strobe and does not display the little lightening bolt to indicate it is talking to the strobe. If I switch the strobe from "TTL" of "off" and then back to TTL, then the lightening bolt comes back on again and the next image I take will have a preflash and then the strobe intensity cut back appropriately via the TTL connection. But then after I take that image, I'm back where I started again and have to reset the strobe to get it to synch with the camera. I've recharged all the batteries, but that didn't seem to have an effect. What am I doing wrong? I know the camera used to maintain synch with the strobe and I could take multiple images with the strobe without having to reset it.

zf2nt,

It sounds like you have an electronics problem, probably in the strobe. Please send the strobe and housing to the Ikelite Service Department so both can be evaluated. Turnaround time is approximately 2 weeks from receipt of your equipment. No R/A number is necessary and Ikelite will contact you with an estimate before starting any repair work.

Ship to:

Ikelite Underwater Systems,
attn: Service Dept.
50 West 33rd ST.,
Indpls., IN 46208

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Back
Top Bottom