SL1 housing/port combo - vignetting with tokina 10-17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chile7236

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
The combo is advertised to have minimal vignetting with the tokina at 10-12mm...but this seems a bit more than minimal to me.
14102483334_be687f7526_z.jpg

The combo is advertised to have minimal vignetting with the tokina at 10-12mm...but this seems a bit more than minimal to me

Agreed - so is 13mm where vignetting is gone altogether? Man a bummer they couldn't have designed it to have full functionality with the tokina

Hmmmmmmmmm.............

After shooting the Tokina 10-17mm when it first came out and compared to long time favorite Sigma (and Canon) 15mm Fisheye lenses I don't understand the obsession with 10mm to 13mm or even 15mm.......It's immaterial..........Basically you're talking about backing up maybe 4" - 6" if that?

At 10mm the Tokina is very very curvy.....If that's the effect you want fine....

I don't know how I was able to shoot this tiny fishie with a Sigma 15mm on a cropped APS-C Canon camera :)

David Haas
www.haasimages.com

Attachments

• IMG_3066.jpg
    IMG_3066.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 115
David, I actually do like the curviness in some shots...like we discussed, not a huge deal but it's more than minimal (in my mind) @ 10mm...the 12mm vignetting is what I would expect from minimal. I need to get a long dive in with it.

Chile,

Agreed............I plan to shoot the Tokina at 12mm or so PLUS the Canon 8-15mm F4L at a fixed 12mm onn Bonaire............We'll see and I'm sure all (including the Sigma 15mm) will produce great images :)

Stay tuned............

David Haas
www.haasimages.com

Does the Canon 8-15 fit into this housing/dome setup?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom