Ikelite SS 200 Strobe to old?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ermaclob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
a buddy of mine want to sell me his old Substrobe 200 for a pretty good price he hasent used it in a while but it still works. i wanted to know tho is the ss200 still a good stobe compared to the newer strobes out there? i have a older Kodak DX7590 and the housing supports a wired strobe. is it worth getting the strobe or should i wait and get something better?

Try it first; it may not work with your camera. If it does, and you want two, I have a SS200 also! I sent mine off to be refurbished by Ikelite yers ago, and while they had it I switched to digital. Make sure his NiCd battery still holds a charge.....the old one often do not. It was a good strobe...powerful and rugged, but large and heavy.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

whats a good way to test the battery on it what should i expect from a good one?

As long as the strobe works properly the ikelite 200 is a very good strobe. The ikelite 200 strobe would work in manual modes on the camera. No ttl is available. But with digital it is very easy to fine tune your exposure. I have the ikelite ai strobe which is about 24 years old. Works great. I also have an ikelite 100a strobe which is about 15 years old. It works great also. I use both when i shoot twins. I would buy a new sync cord as that is the only problem i have had with the ikelite strobe. My setup is an aquatica housing for the nikon d60 and the ikelite strobes using a nikonos sync cord connector. For samples my website is reefscenics | SmugMug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom