D700 housing - TTL circuit problem - need repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lanchai

New
Reaction score
I have a D700 housing and 2 x D160 strobes. The strobes are not working (not flash) when I connect them to the D700 housing. On the other hand, the 2 strobes are working fine when I connect them to my older D200 housing.

I suspected there is a problem in TTL circuit of the housing. How could I repair it?

I live in HK. Could I buy parts from ikelite and repair it by myself? It is because it will be too expensive for me to send the housing to USA.

OR How could I convert the wire to bypass the circuit. So that I could fire the strobe in manual mode. Thanks!

I have a D700 housing and 2 x D160 strobes. The strobes are not working (not flash) when I connect them to the D700 housing. On the other hand, the 2 strobes are working fine when I connect them to my older D200 housing.

I suspected there is a problem in TTL circuit of the housing. How could I repair it?

I live in HK. Could I buy parts from ikelite and repair it by myself? It is because it will be too expensive for me to send the housing to USA.

OR How could I convert the wire to bypass the circuit. So that I could fire the strobe in manual mode. Thanks!

Lanchai,

The hot shoe is likely not all the way forward on the camera mount. You will need to use extra force when sliding the hot shoe forward on the camera mount the first few times in use. This may take care of the problem. If not, go through the troubleshooting procedure shown on our website here: Ikelite | FAQ About Sync Cords + Wiring

Before you try to bypass the circuit, you should put the housing in manual flash mode to see if it starts working. If shorting the hot shoe trigger to ground does not fire the strobes then bypassing the circuit will most likely not help.

If there is still a problem, we recommend sending the housing to Ikelite Service for evaluation and repair.

Ikelite Underwater Systems
Attn: Service Dept.
50 West 33rd ST.,
Indianapolis, In 46208

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom