Canon 100D/SL1 Housing - Controls not working

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lrossel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a problem with the Canon 100D + Ikelite Housing System.

The Menu, Info and Mode Dial controls doesn't make contact with the correspondant camera controls when we have the system assembled.

These are the upper controls in the back of the housing. I checked the camera installation and seems ok, with the camera mounting tray very secured in its place.

have you removed the eyecap ?

Yes laurentsbh, and it didn't solved the problem.

It's clear that the buttons are too short and didn´t reach the correspondant camera controls.

A strip of thick tape at the front edge of the camera tray may be all thats needed, as I doubt they are short by much

A strip of thick tape at the front edge of the camera tray may be all thats needed, as I doubt they are short by much

I already did that, and that solved the problem (by now), but I believe that Ikelite have to notice this issue and make some design changes, or suggest a better solution. The buttons are really short, and a strange small piece glued in the metal button is a potential risk in case this piece looses in a bad moment (closing the housing for example).

I already did that, and that solved the problem (by now), but I believe that Ikelite have to notice this issue and make some design changes, or suggest a better solution. The buttons are really short, and a strange small piece glued in the metal button is a potential risk in case this piece looses in a bad moment (closing the housing for example).

Irossel,

We used shorter push buttons to allow for housing compression at depth. Make sure your camera mounting bolt is tight and the camera eyepiece cover is removed. If you still experience a problem, please send the housing to Ikelite service for evaluation and possible installation of longer push buttons.
The small gray tire mounted on the back control shaft is designed for smooth operation at any depth up to 200'.

You can ship the housing to:

Ikelite Underwater Systems
Attn: Service Department
50 W. 33rd St.,
Indpls., IN 46208

Turnaround time is approx. 2-3 weeks from receipt of your housing.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom