DS 160 Flood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdcpa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello Ikelite:

I watched in horror today as bubbles came out of the front of my DS 160 strobe head, between the dark gray and light gray portions.

Any hope of rescue for this?

I own at least a dozen of these strobes and have never heard of the sealed part flooding??

Thanks for you assistance.

JD

JD,

Please send the strobe to the Ikelite Service Dept. for evaluation. We will contact you as soon as we have determined the source of the problem and cost of the repair. Turnaround time is approximately 2-3 weeks from receipt.

Ship to:

Ikelite Underwater Systems
Attn: Service Dept.
50 West 33rd St.,
Indianapolis, In 46208

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Dang-----sorry to hear, but @ least you have @ least 11 more, to replace that one...:).....good luck.....

Yes, I was fortunate to have a replacement. It helps to have a family full of underwater camera freaks.

Had to convince my wife to use only one strobe for a few days until a replacement was brought down to us.

No big deal.

I am sending it back to Ikelite to get an analysis and quote for fixing it.

I have always had great customer service from them, so I assume nothing less with this issue. I am sure they will be great again.

As an update, I sent the strobe front to Ikelite for evaluation.

I received a prompt response and a most satisfactory resolution to the problem.

Thanks Ikelite for your great customer service!!

Back
Top Bottom