Alternatives to Ikelite WD-4?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

graham_ep

New
Reaction score
I have an Ikelite housing for a Sony HX-50. I am wanting to try and get more of a wide angle on my set up and wondered if there were any alternatives to the WD-4? Such as changing the port/lense completely.

I am also a little worried about the WD-4 as the normal port already has a small amount of vignetting and the WD-4 could make it worse.

Any advice would be great.

I have an Ikelite housing for a Sony HX-50. I am wanting to try and get more of a wide angle on my set up and wondered if there were any alternatives to the WD-4? Such as changing the port/lense completely.

I am also a little worried about the WD-4 as the normal port already has a small amount of vignetting and the WD-4 could make it worse.

Any advice would be great.

graham_ep,

The WD-4 is the best and only alternative for the Ikelite HX-50 housing. The WD-4 returns the lens's angle-of-view lost due to light refraction through the housing port. The amount of vignetting may increase slightly, but you will gain approximately 30% of your lost coverage angle back when underwater.

Ikelite | WD-4 Wide Angle Dome

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom