Battery Dilemma...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigJeff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Dear Ike Staff,

I am trying to decide what to do with my DS-161 strobe batteries, hopefully you can answer a few questions for me.

They currently have NimH cells, which after approx. 1000 cycles are now showing their age and lasting only 1/2 the charge time of my SLR battery.
This is not unexpected, so my question regards upgrade/replace - I'm also in Thailand so postage time and lack of batteries in this time is a factor (not under your control).

If I Send the strobes and/or batteries for service what is the cost to replace the NimH cells for new ones, and is there a possible upgrade path to the new Lithium II cells and charger?

When will the Lithium II be available for sale? August is a long month...

Thanks

p.s. I do like the Ike TTL system, takes a lot of the work out of capturing subjects.
~

Attachments

• East-Coast-Bay-(16).jpg
    East-Coast-Bay-(16).jpg
    120 KB · Views: 145
Dear Ike Staff, I am trying to decide what to do with my DS-161 strobe batteries, hopefully you can answer a few questions for me. They currently have NimH cells, which after approx. 1000 cycles are now showing their age and lasting only 1/2 the charge time of my SLR battery. This is not unexpected, so my question regards upgrade/replace - I'm also in Thailand so postage time and lack of batteries in this time is a factor (not under your control). If I Send the strobes and/or batteries for service what is the cost to replace the NimH cells for new ones, and is there a possible upgrade path to the new Lithium II cells and charger? When will the Lithium II be available for sale? August is a long month... Thanks p.s. I do like the Ike TTL system, takes a lot of the work out of capturing subjects. ~

We are expecting new packs available by the end of this month (August). Cost to replace NiMH with new NiMH is $125.00.

Can I exchange my 1st Gen Li-Ion battery pack for a 2nd-Gen battery pack? We do offer a reduced replacement price for non-warranty 1st Gen battery packs which are not accepting a charge or not holding a charge. We do not offer a reduced price to exchange a working pack for a new 2nd Gen battery pack. Due to the time involved and likelihood of damaging the original components, we do not re-cell or refurbish lithium ion battery packs.

Can I exchange my working/non-working NiMH battery pack for a Li-Ion 2nd Gen battery pack at a reduced price? Sorry, no.

MSRP: $250 for battery pack + FREE charger with exchange (total value $500)

Best Regards, Brett Foster - Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom