16-35mm Canon lens on IKELITE 6871.08 housing???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RicardoM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there. I have an Ikelite 6871.08 housing port for Canon 7D mk2, a couple of DS161 strobes, the 2.75" wide 8" dome, 2.5-3.5" port, and 4.1-5.125" port.

I use for diving the Canon 8-15mm L Lens, the 100mm macro L lens, and the 60mm macro lens. I just wondering if there it will come out a dome or port for the 16-35mm II L f/2.8 Canon lens?

thanks!

Hi there. I have an Ikelite 6871.08 housing port for Canon 7D mk2, a couple of DS161 strobes, the 2.75" wide 8" dome, 2.5-3.5" port, and 4.1-5.125" port.

I use for diving the Canon 8-15mm L Lens, the 100mm macro L lens, and the 60mm macro lens. I just wondering if there it will come out a dome or port for the 16-35mm II L f/2.8 Canon lens?

thanks!

RicardoM,

Although our website states "Sorry, the selected lens is too large in diameter to operate in this installation", there is an "unofficial" workaround. I assume the 4.1-5.125" port you mention is the modular lens extension 5510.28 that screws into 8" modular dome 5510.45. If so, that combination should work. Go to the installation video at LensProToGo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZR1hKe-N5Y

Note that LensProToGo is using the 5510.24 lens extension which will also work with this combination.

We do not endorse this procedure due to the possibility of user error during installation.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Got it.
Thank you Brett for your fast reply and helpful info.

Back
Top Bottom