Canon T5i in T3i housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello Ikelite: I have been using Canon T3i with Ikelite housing for a few years now. Recently an accident happened and I lost my camera. As I am trying to replace my T3i, I am realizing that T3i has become an old model now and we have Canon T5i in the market as its upgraded replacement.

I was wondering if I can purchase a T5i instead of a T3i and use it in the same housing?

Thanks -

Hello Ikelite: I have been using Canon T3i with Ikelite housing for a few years now. Recently an accident happened and I lost my camera. As I am trying to replace my T3i, I am realizing that T3i has become an old model now and we have Canon T5i in the market as its upgraded replacement. I was wondering if I can purchase a T5i instead of a T3i and use it in the same housing? Thanks -

Sinbad,

Sorry, but the T5i will not work in a T3i housing. The electronics, controls, and lens centering are all different.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom