Bali day trip diving from Denpasar/Kuta/Nusa Dua?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

malaysia-islands

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to Bali this December. Have yet to book my lodging, but most likely will be staying in the southern, basically someplace close to the airport. Will be there 4D/3N.

I'm asking about details on day-trip dives available from this area? On top of my head, Nusa Dua? Nusa Lembongan? What's the cost? Tour agent?

I'm also VERY interested to dive in Menjangan, so we might take one day off from Denpasar to stay overnight in the northwestern region.

Pls, welcome any input!

All sites around Bali are good for a daydive, only thing is that it depend on how long you want to travel in a car. All eastpart of Bali is OK for a day-trip, but i know some people who already stay overnight when diving in Tulamben.. Menjangan / Secret Bay would be a good option to make a trip of more days.

tulamben and menjagan are a little too far to do as day trip from denpasar in my opinion...2-2.5 hours each way to tulamben and 3 hours each way to manjagan. nusa penida and ahmed and candi dasa sites are much better at around 1-1.5 hours from denpasar.

highly recommend tulamben or manjagen if you have the time, however. see my previous reports on tulamben on this site. will have manjagan report up soon but diving there last month was supurlative...pygmy seahourses galore (5 on one gorgonian), leaf scorpion fish (3 on one coral head), mandarin fish were just some of the highlights

We did one day of diving while in Bali last spring. It wasn't a dive trip, but we wanted to get one in anyway. We were in Kuta and dived with Scuba Duba Do. It was one long, but wonderful day.

We were picked up early, loaded gear and then did the long though scenic drive to Tulamben. There we did two dives with lunch in between at a resort there. The diving was very good, and you got a nice drive through the countryside thrown in. We felt this was a great way to spend one day of a short trip.

Dennis

4/21/2004 I landed in Bali from Bangkok at 1530hrs the below guy picker me up at the airport and had me in the water for two dives before sundown at Sanur beach. Unbelievable, huh? It really happened like this.

The following morning I was on my way to work and some outstanding diving at East Timor.

For some reason my log book does not mention the dive shop by name but does provide the contact info. You could give this a try and see how it works out for you. The guy was cheap and treated me very, very good.

Putu 724-922
081 338 738 295
Sanur beach

artana@yahoo.com

malaysia-islands:
I'm going to Bali this December. Have yet to book my lodging, but most likely will be staying in the southern, basically someplace close to the airport. Will be there 4D/3N.

I'm asking about details on day-trip dives available from this area? On top of my head, Nusa Dua? Nusa Lembongan? What's the cost? Tour agent?

I'm also VERY interested to dive in Menjangan, so we might take one day off from Denpasar to stay overnight in the northwestern region.

Pls, welcome any input!

You can try Nusa Penida/Lembongan which can be reach by speed boat around 45 minute - 1 hour , before that you will picked up by car from your hotel to a harbour around 30-45 minute (if you stay around shoutern area)

Menjangan is 3,5 - 4 hours drive and continue with 30 minute boat to reach the island. Good idea if you want to stay overnight. Many good hotels.
Near with Menjangan you can try Puri Jati and secret bay if you want to see many strange and rare creature (please prepare your camera:05: )

Tulamben shipwreck and drop off is worth to try. Easy to find a hotel for overnight, but if you want to stay at southern area, you can reach tulamben by car around 2,5-3 hours.

Have a nice dive....:wink:

The dilemna of diving in Bali is that the best diving is not where the main resort areas are. So day trips out of Kuta are either **** or have lots of transfer time.

Having checked out Bali extensively, we found the best to be in 3 places:

• Tulamben
  • Lembongan
  • Pemuteran - Menjangan

And the best way to enjoy the diving is to stay in dedicated dive resorts. It depends how organised you wish to be. Easy enough to find your own place to stay and then find someone to dive with, but for many foreign divers, the dive resort is the way to go. Hope you enjoy Bali!

Dive Resorts in Indonesia

Thanks guys!

We've got a good rate from balidives.com (ie: Rp 850.000 for dives + transfer + equipment). We'll probably start early from Sanur where I'll be spending one night.

Original plan was to stay overnight at Lovina (dive centre: Spice Dive or Baruna), but both of them quoted the transfer price from Denpasar Airport to Lovina that was out of my range (a quick math reveals that it is much cheaper to dive from south Bali because transfer is already included).

I've heard about Nusa Penida/Lembongan/Amed/Tulamben, and certainly interested. I want to spend the rest of my time in Bali soaking with the cultural highlights, not just diving, so I guess I'll do Menjangan for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom