Bail / Denpasar Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

8c9

Reaction score
Diving in Bail / Denpasar Indonesia

I will take a week holiday at Bail / Denpasar Indonesia and want to have a diving during the vacation.

I’m a backpack style and search for accommodation and dive shop. My flight will arrival at Denpasar and I am concern where I should stay is much better and convenience. E.g. Denpasar, Sanur, or somewhere???!!!

Does anyone would share your experience to me?

Hey 8c9,
you can choose different places to stay depending on ur activities..
Lets say u are spending a week on the island, backpacking style, and on a budget..
I would suggest that you contact:

1. Negotiate w/ Wolfgang or David at info@waterworxbali.com (www.waterworxbali.com)
-Ask him to pick you up from the airport and then send you to Padang Bai.
-Ask for a diving package and cheap accomodation. Stay here around 2-3 nights.
-Ask him to drop you to Matahari Tulamben.

2. Negotiate w/ Mr. Oka @ Matahari Tulamben. (ask waterworxx for contact, i forgot)
-Ask for a package for diving and accomodation, suggest to stay here 2-3 nights
-Ask to send you back to Denpasar.

3a. If you still have time to do full day dive you can contact Chriss @ letsdive@baliscuba.com (www.baliscuba.com)
Ask the driver from Matahari Tulamben to send you to BaliScuba.
- Ask for a 3 dives to Nusa Penida (bit more expensive, but might be rewarding if u spot mola2)
- Ask for accomodation arrangement at Hotel Sindhu Merta (in front of Bali Scuba)
or
3b. If u don't have anymore time for diving, ask the driver from Matahari to drop you in kuta, go to poppies lane 1 or 2, there are some cheap hotel there, around $13-$16, AC, double bed and bathroom. Enjoy the shopping and clubbing in that area.

If you still have questions, u can view our website: www.kapalselam.org.
We are a non-profit diving club based in Bali.

ps: when negotiate, mention that you are refered by ACUAN from Kapalselam.
good luck!

cheers,
Acuan.

If you have time, take a trip over to Gilli Trawangan. Amazing diving and really cheap prices. If I remember correctly you can take a jet ferry and be there in about 2 hours or so.

Bodiver13's recommendation is excellent! (I am glad Oka is alive and kicking)

Call Oka for great wreck diving in tulamben (consider staying in tulamben) and Chris/Simon for Mola Mola in Nusa Peninda. They will give you good advise on where to stay.

Thanks Acuan,

Your information is very useful for me. Thanks a lot. I will try to contact them.

Meanwhile, I’m aiming on diving in Nusa Penida and Tulamben. I guess I will stay at Tulamben or Sanur (does these place is a good choice?) I don’t want to change the lodging for a couple of day cos the luggage is too heavy. (>_<);

MGW1979:
If you have time, take a trip over to Gilli Trawangan. Amazing diving and really cheap prices. If I remember correctly you can take a jet ferry and be there in about 2 hours or so.

Yes, I have. I will stay there more than a week.

May I ask is Gilli Trawangan different from Gili Toa Penkong?

I can’t located where is Gilli Trawangan on the Bali’s map!!

Liangness:
Bodiver13's recommendation is excellent! (I am glad Oka is alive and kicking)

Call Oka for great wreck diving in tulamben (consider staying in tulamben) and Chris/Simon for Mola Mola in Nusa Peninda. They will give you good advise on where to stay.

Liangness, do you have their email bcos bodiver13's message seems didn't mentioned their contact.

Thanks~~

Hi Acuan... time for mola mola in July? :)
Am heading to Bali to dive in Nusa Penida and at the Liberty too... wonder if its too early to dive! :)

8c9:
I can&#8217;t located where is Gilli Trawangan on the Bali&#8217;s map!!

Gilli Trawangan is actually off the notrh west coast of Lombok (the next island east of bali). Still really close though and AMAZING diving.

Back
Top Bottom