2 great dive shops in Padang Bai, Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dutchpickle

Contributor
Reaction score
Here is some info and a few pictures of Geko Divers and Water Worx in Bali.

Padang Bai has excellent diving nearby and across the way at Nusa Penida where there is often a brisk current resulting in great drift dives. Condider a night dive to see the Spanish Dancer, a big bright red nudibranch that moves like a flamenco dancer.

It's a good place to base from if you want to do other things besides diving. There are 3 beaches and a good variety of restaurants and the ferry leaves from there to Lombok if you are continuing westward. (Possibly the Gilis, Komodo, Alor, Timor etc.)

I spent a couple weeks in padang bai. The diving there was fantastic, and I dove with 4 different shops. I also liked the accomodations and restaurants.

Geko Divers is a good, professional shop, but...

OK Divers is definitely #1 in terms of service, dive site selection, etc. Adam and Ratka run a great shop.

I would avoid Absolute Scuba.

Their website (http://www.divingbali.cz) isn't the best, but the service is.

btw, very nice website dutch pickle!

Scott

Wow.. I always believe in saying " never know if u never try, esp. by urself ". I prove it works for me many times. Since each ppl has their own way of seeing things. A cross-checking between ur own exp and other's will be the wisest action. U'll find different opinions for the same thing.

Yeah.. PB has a very splendid dive sites. There are 4 different spots: Blue Lagoon, Topekong, Mimpang n Gili Biaha. I once saw barracuda and white-tip shark. While others encoutered few Sunfish 3 days ago in Topekong. Just pick the right season to come. The harbor is not a very busy one and cheap to cross to Lombok. The Gilis are fantastic to explore, whether for vacation, snorkeling or diving.

from the deep,
u-d

scottfiji:
I spent a couple weeks in padang bai. The diving there was fantastic, and I dove with 4 different shops. I also liked the accomodations and restaurants.

Geko Divers is a good, professional shop, but...

OK Divers is definitely #1 in terms of service, dive site selection, etc. Adam and Ratka run a great shop.

I would avoid Absolute Scuba.

Their website (http://www.divingbali.cz) isn't the best, but the service is.

btw, very nice website dutch pickle!

Scott
I think you should give a reason for avoiding absolute Scuba; I have just finished 2 tour groups with them and have no complaints, they scored an 8.75 from the group survey which I think speaks for them.
Concern_Diver
Singapore

concern_diver:
I think you should give a reason for avoiding absolute Scuba; I have just finished 2 tour groups with them and have no complaints, they scored an 8.75 from the group survey which I think speaks for them.
Concern_Diver
Singapore

In addition to avoiding absolute scuba, I usually advise people to not follow advice from people with just 1 or 2 posts. do so at your own risk!

actually, I never believe anyone unless they at least give a reason for their recommendation - if not something more concrete to back up what they say. :wink:

I am going to bump this thread because I just got back from Bali a week ago. I dove with Water Worx and had a great time.

I had my underwater dive photography equipment with me (digital SLR with Ikelite enclosure and strobes). Wolfgang took me to some really great macro photography sites, and I was impressed with the new species that I saw on this trip (that I had not seen before).

They're a top notch shop whom are incredibly responsive, knowledgable, and very nice. They know the dive sites well, so you will not be disappointed.

I read DutchPickle's reviews from this website and he is definitely on the mark.

Just some background, I have dived in Bunaken, Lembeh, Komodo, and now Bali.

Cheers, folks! And happy diving!

:D :D :D

As a frequent diver to Bali and other areas in the region, I must agree that Absolute Scuba in Padang Bai should be avoided. Move up to Tulamben Wreck Divers. The Liberty Wreck is just across the road from them and the service and prices offered by Tulamben Wreck Divers and owner Tony is hard to beat.

The only disadvantage to staying in Tulamben is that there is not very much to do there at night.

In Padang Bai there are several dive operators that make day trips to Tulamben. I don't know anything about Absolute Scuba but there are others there that are quite good.

Padang Bai is also a good base to make non-diving trips to other places in Bali from.

Hi Guy's, I just came across this very old post and as being the new manager for Absolute Scuba Bali I am a bit concerned.
When you mentioned to avoid diving with us, may I ask what happened? I understand it is a long time ago but maybe I can learn from past mistakes.
For those who haven't dived Padang Bai yet, it is worth a visit. In my personal opinion it beats the Gili's by far.
:yeahbaby:

Back
Top Bottom