Flores - Komodo Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetsuit

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've seen lots of good advice here on LOB in the Flores/Komodo area, but I'm wondering about land based operators (or dive resorts) in Flores that might have day trips to Komodo, Rinca, and other islands in the Komodo NP. Any idea what the travel time is from Labuhanbajo? Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks.

Hey, there are plenty of operators in Komodo that do daily dive trips and many accommodations to stay in Labuan Bajo. Check out Dive Komodo with Uber Scuba - Diving, Freediving and Watersports and theres a cool video below in my signature x

---------- Post added March 3rd, 2015 at 12:17 PM ----------

Oops. Travel time depends on the boat speed and the dive site visited. For example on a 10 knot boat, you can get to the outskirts of the park in apx 45 minutes, but on a slower boat 6-7 knots it would take much longer. It's pretty comfortable though and you can have a nice nap or watch the dolphins jump the bow whilst taking in the beautiful scenery of the Komodo National Park.

---------- Post added March 3rd, 2015 at 12:17 PM ----------

Heres te video :)

I just booked with Angel Island Resort, from my understanding, this is where reefseekers is now based. It was between them and Komodo Diving Club Resort. I just got better communication from Angel Island and the resort seems a bit more luxury.

I just booked with Divine Diving, they have a land based operation and offer budget liveaboards. Marij (from the Netherlands) is so very helpful and prompt in replying. We are doing several days on land with day trips followed by a 4 day liveaboard to North Komodo and a 4 day liveaboard to the South, so they really offer a lot. They do combine a trip to Komodo or Rinca with the day trips and liveaboards. Haven't dove with them yet, but first impressions are great so far.
Welkom bij Divine Diving op Flores, Indonesie

+1 Divine, solid no frills outfit with great local DMs.

Dived several overnight live-aboards and day trips, they ticked all the boxes for me.

@cmneus last time I dived with them we did the combination, south komodo one trip, one night back on land, then out to the north for the next. Great trip at a great price.

Hey just want to share my experience a bit.

We stayed in Komodo Resort in Sebayur island for one week back in early March. It was low season, right in middle of rain/full moon season.
Having said that, I'd come back again. The dive experience was fantastic, the bungalow was very nice (not super luxurious, but with hot water and good pressure), and good Italian comfort food (not fine dining).

One special thing about this resort is the convenient snorkel spots right in front of bungalows. We had 4 days of 2x dives, then 2 days of snorkel/massages/relaxing. Since it was low season, we had the boat for ourselves during our day trip to see the komodo dragon, so we did quick snorkeling at few spots on our way back to Sebayur. Ran into few mantas playing on the surface (they didn't do full leaps though) in Mauan island.

Overall it was a very nice experience. If diving is your top priority, I think the liveaboard is the best choice (at least you can do 4x dives a day).

And by the way, Batu Bolong was incredible.

Have fun in Komodo!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom