Bali Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shortdivemedic

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just a quick note on some time I spent in Bali June 12-19th . I was at work and found myself with 7 days off and no where to go locally where I could do some diving. So I called my friend Marcia (Quero) from Scubaboard and said find me someplace to go and dive for this week. Well it just so happens that she has a diving business Gekko Scuba Divers out of Thailand and she said well I am going to be in Bali so why dont you come join me. Well I am a guy who really likes all his bookings done for me, and of course she had the connections to do this for me . This time I had off was starting to look like it might be fun,so off I went to Bali. Well you cant get there directly from Saudi so off to Jakarta I go and then a short flight on to Bali. I arrived in Bali and then had a long frightening ride thru the country in pitch black darkness to get to Pemuteran,we arrived at the hotel around 2am. Well Marcia wanted me to wake her so we could plan the days dives I was hesitant to wake anyone at 2am but did so. Decided to not dive the 8 am dive but would catch up with her on the 10 am dive. She had even set up a driver to take me to the Bali Diving Academy which was a short distance from the hotel.
The diving in Pemuteran with the Bali Diving Academy was good they were a very professional shop as she had said. We had great guides who did a very good job in helping us find the things we were looking for while we were there. The only downside was they couldnt get us any Nitrox due to some problems they had with their setup,so out bottom times were a little shorter than we hoped.Then there was the trip to the secret Bay where the vis was about a meter ,I like the set up but could have done with out that dive . We did get to do some great coral garden dives and even got to see their Bio Rock garden. Which for us divers is a good thing to support so they can continue these important projects.
Well the 15th came and she had to head out and I was moving up to Tulamben and dive the Libery wreck a few times,and some of their favorite sites. The benefit of getting to dive with a friend from Scubaboard made the trip well worth it ,and the tips you pick up from womeone who has so much experience just makes youa better diver.

Well the Tulamben area was very nice and the Bali Diving Academy had a great set up there,where I recevied one on one guide service from a local DM. The Libery wreck was cool but you had to get there early because the divers just kept showing up.We were lucky to see some sharks and the Bump Head Parrot fish the wreck is famous for. The area is known for Macro diving and me being a non Macro guy made for some interesting pictures that I was able to take. The pictures I took with my DC 1200 even turned out pretty good,although I am not a underwater photo guy.

All in all in was a great trip and being able to go thru Marcia(Quero) and Gekko Scuba Divers just made it a very enjoyable 7 days off. I will use them when I find myself with time off in the future. But I am thinking live aboard next time. So I tip my bottle of Bintang Beer to you and thanks again my friend

Cheers
Michael
Surviving my second childhood ,thats the goal
14.gif

Hey Marcia
Do you know any good liveaboards going out the 13 of August for 4 or 5 days ,but still within a 7 hour flight for me.

Cheers
Michael.

I'll look! Anyplace at all in SE Asia?

---------- Post Merged on July 26th, 2012 at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous Post was on July 25th, 2012 at 08:36 PM ----------

I guess not anyplace in SE Asia, because some of it will take more than 7 hours to get to, so where can you get to in seven hours?

Who was your guide in Tulamben? We were lucky enough to dive with Kadek while we were there, who was a great DM. He was excellent at critter spotting, and was an exceptionally nice guy.

Sorry lousy with names but he was a young skinny guy with long hair. He was a good DM for sure and a great spotter for sure

Sorry lousy with names but he was a young skinny guy with long hair. He was a good DM for sure and a great spotter for sure

Hi guys, I'm new in diving and would like to take a course. Do you have any clue about this dive company in Sanur, called Bali Surya Diving Center? I will be stayed at Hyatt next Sept, and my friend told me that Bali Surya is the nearest one and quite good.

Or any other Dive center recommedation near Sanur? Thank you!

Nope I don't know anything about that area. You can check with Quero here on the board she knows that area well.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom