Anyone seen the psychedelic frogfish in Ambon recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get updates all of the time on FB from Maluku Divers Resort and there has been no mention of the frogfish! :0(
Check with MA as they just got back from Ambon after a trip there over New Years. They would be able to tell you for sure!

From my informations on my recent new years trip, no Ambon frogfish sight on 2012.

I was told the same no psychedelics for a long time. The purple rhino reappeared the day after I left though.

Just to update this thread, everyone I spoke to in Ambon was convinced the psychedelics that had been seen in past years were taken to be sold in the aquarium market :(

One of the very experienced local divers had taken the trouble of doing some deep dives in search of them, as some believe this species may live deeper and come more shallow only to breed. He still found zero.

That is so very sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0(

Just to update this thread, everyone I spoke to in Ambon was convinced the psychedelics that had been seen in past years were taken to be sold in the aquarium market :(

One of the very experienced local divers had taken the trouble of doing some deep dives in search of them, as some believe this species may live deeper and come more shallow only to breed. He still found zero.

This is so awesome. I am going to have to make the trip this year. How is March? Good time?

Back
Top Bottom