Best Komodo Liveaboard July/August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rudybier

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking at going on honeymoon to Indonesia and wanted to fit in a Liveaboard whilst there. We are looking at going in July/August time, we are thinking of going for around 2/3 weeks so a 7 day live aboard would be great.

Komodo seems the place to go to in July/August time.

Can anyone recommend as there seems to be plenty of choice.

Looking for something not too big, would rather a small group and not too expensive either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi Rudybier

Last year we spent one week on the Duyung Baru. It was fantastic! Good food, awesome dives and never seen other divers under water. As we were on a 3-month-trip in Indonesia, we decided to spent another week with Vovo and his crew and returned a month later for the next trip. Maximum of diver is 6 and the value for money is great!

They offer a tour for very experienced divers from 1st to 10th August: Bali Dive Cruise | Duyung Sail Boat | Duyung Prices Schedule Diving liveaboard sailing travel Komodo Indonesia. Maybe this could be an option for you? Of course there are also shorter trips, if this one is too expensive for you.

Hi Rudybier

Last year we spent one week on the Duyung Baru. It was fantastic! Good food, awesome dives and never seen other divers under water. As we were on a 3-month-trip in Indonesia, we decided to spent another week with Vovo and his crew and returned a month later for the next trip. Maximum of diver is 6 and the value for money is great!

They offer a tour for very experienced divers from 1st to 10th August: Bali Dive Cruise | Duyung Sail Boat | Duyung Prices Schedule Diving liveaboard sailing travel Komodo Indonesia. Maybe this could be an option for you? Of course there are also shorter trips, if this one is too expensive for you.

That trip does indeed look very good and price isn't bad, the only thing that puts me off slightly is the face they stipulate minimum 500 dives? Seems a bit of a strange requirement, my wife is an advanced diver with 150 ish dives so would not fit within this criteria. I'm guessing ripping currents?

That trip does indeed look very good and price isn't bad, the only thing that puts me off slightly is the face they stipulate minimum 500 dives? Seems a bit of a strange requirement, my wife is an advanced diver with 150 ish dives so would not fit within this criteria. I'm guessing ripping currents?

hi

i organize a trip in July from 20 to 29 in komodo. see details here :

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/li...s/471853-komodo-20-29-july-2014-km-ambai.html

it will be a fantastic trip, for sure...

Gilles

hi

i organize a trip in July from 20 to 29 in komodo. see details here :

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/li...s/471853-komodo-20-29-july-2014-km-ambai.html

it will be a fantastic trip, for sure...

Gilles

Hi Gilles, this looks quite interesting, couple of questions, the cabin available is it a double or twin? Also who and where are the majority of the other divers from?

do you have any reviews or testimonials from trips you have done in the past?

thanks

Rudy

Hi Gilles, this looks quite interesting, couple of questions, the cabin available is it a double or twin? Also who and where are the majority of the other divers from?

do you have any reviews or testimonials from trips you have done in the past?

thanks

Rudy

Hi Rudy,

for the moment on board we have 2 slovenians ( one is a quite famous photografer : borut Furlan ), 2 from USA, 6 french .... they all speak good english and are all very nice people .
double cabin are still available.

i don't have review from my past trip but you can have a look at this : [FONT=&amp]Manusealion - Underwater videos the video is from our last trip in Raja ampat few weeks ago, Komodo will be with the same boat..you can find out more about me in trip advisor at the Alor Divers page ( as i'm the founder and owner of this place ) ...Alor Divers Eco Resort (Larantuka, Indonesia) - Specialty Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

best,

Gilles
[/FONT]

Hi Rudy,

for the moment on board we have 2 slovenians ( one is a quite famous photografer : borut Furlan ), 2 from USA, 6 french .... they all speak good english and are all very nice people .
double cabin are still available.

i don't have review from my past trip but you can have a look at this : [FONT=&amp]Manusealion - Underwater videos the video is from our last trip in Raja ampat few weeks ago, Komodo will be with the same boat..you can find out more about me in trip advisor at the Alor Divers page ( as i'm the founder and owner of this place ) ...Alor Divers Eco Resort (Larantuka, Indonesia) - Specialty Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

best,

Gilles
[/FONT]

Thanks for the info Gilles, I'll talk to my wife this evening and let you know, I seem to have found 3 or 4 options that I'm happy with now, so I'll mull it over with her and we'll decide pretty quickly.

Rudy

I don't know why the participants of the trip have to have 500 logged dives. I know that Vovo likes challenging dives with a nice current, therefore I can imagine that the current will be a "challenge" but otherwise: no idea! Why not contact Vovo? Some people with 150 dives are better divers than some with 500 dives...

We really enjoyed our trips on the Duyung Baru and will certainly go back at some point in the future. If you understand German there are loads of good reviews on this site: Tauchen auf Taucher.Net - dem Infonetz für Taucher!. And I can confirm that those people don't exaggerate.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/indonesia/428427-komodo-trip-report-dancer-v-siren.html

I've done two Komodo liveaboards. The link above is to a comparative trip report that I posted. The info is a little out of date now, but might help you consider a few factors that will be useful in choosing your lob.

if I was booking again today, I would book indo siren. But their 10 day trip may be longer than you are looking for.

I went to komodo four time in a row.... Always with the same operator.. they have 3 boats from 4 to 8 guests maximum and they are quite cheap... there is no fixed scheduling and if it's possible you can book your LOB accordingly of your travel dates... :D i'm thinking of going there also this summer(august) for the fifth time:shocked2: it's crazy because for me become difficult thinking to an indo trip without komodo...:D:D:D if you don't need luxury give a try... https://www.facebook.com/CrocieraKomodoAridive
bye bye
:blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom