Rekommandations Hote/dive centrel Padangbai / bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

striky

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

We (2 people both 25 y/o) are planning a trip to padangbai in September this year.

Our travel dates are already fixed. We are currently looking for a hotel/hostel to stay at and maybe the diving base to stay.

From other posts in this forum we found that the geko diving centre is the best to choose. Are there strong different opinions? If yes: where would you recommend to go?

The bigger question for us the accommodation. There are lots of different places to stay which range from 7$/night up to 80$/night. Our budget would be up to 30$/night. We dont really need a super exclusive hotel with lots of fancy stuff as we will spend most of the time diving or sightseeing.. What we would like to get is clean, air conditioned rooms with decent breakfast.

Is there any hotel or hostel (we have no problem sharing rooms with other people) you can recommend? Our first look was the pandang bai beach resort but recent reviews (at tripadvisor e.g.) say the state of the hotel is decaying and getting worse.

Some additional thing: we would like to stay near the diving base (~10 min by foot), as we womt have a car or any means of transport on bali!

So.. I hope you guys can help us out.

Many many thanks in advance.

Best wishes from germany,
Kevin

Geko is fantastic...I always dive with them. I stayed at Padang Bai Beach Resort less than a year ago..nothing wrong with it! I'd happily stay there again, and it's centrally located just a couple minutes walk from Geko's. I've yet to stay at Pura Rai, but it should be in the same price range as PBBR and is equally as close. On the budget end, the Lemon House is nice..clean rooms, wifi, aircon and decent included breakfast. Is much further from Geko's than PBBR/Pura Rai.

Hi Ocdiver1,

thank you so much for your post! We will have a look at the lemon house and pbbr! We also recieved some other ideas form geko.

Do you think it is practical to book a hotel only for 1-2 nights and than look at the places while we are there?

Thanks again,

Kevin

I'd think you'd be safe, although twice I'd planned to stay at Pura Rei and it was all booked, and Lemon House is so small I almost wasn't able to stay additional days there without moving until they had a cancellation last minute and it worked out

Hey I just got back from Padangbai yesterday and had really good experience with both Waterworx Dive Center, and lodging at Padang Bai Beach Inn 1.
Since it was my first time in Padangbai, I had nothing else to compare it with. In any case, I was very lucky to have such a good experience. Not to mention I got to see mola on my first dive :D

Waterworx was punctual, had well maintained equipment, operated their own boats, and had the cleanest toilet I've seen so far! Could it be because they have a separate urinal?? :)

Padang Bai Beach Inn 1 was nothing special, but they had very new modern spacious room with A/C, hot water, and towel. Location is about 5 mins walk to dive center. I paid $30/day for myself. There were 3 girls sharing bigger room and they paid $50. I think this is a very good price for the facility I got.

There was another resort offering a cute "hut" for the same price, but with fan and cold water. It's great if you opt for the exotic outdoor experience, but I was happy with my modern room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom