Weather around Bima/Komodo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanshin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Someone who knows the zone, what should I expect as weather on a liveaboard Bima->Komodo->Bima starting in about 10 days?

3m waves that will crush the boat into the reefs like that tourist boat?

I was on the Mermaid I 2 months ago on a Bali-Komodo-Bali 10-day cruise and the diving conditions were excellent throughout. There was a lot of current of course, including on the night dive in Bima but nothing uncopable. Blue skies, lots of sun and relatively calm seas.

July and August are the windiest months with the most active seas in the area but since you are going right at the end of that period, I expect the conditions will be calming down a bit. In fact, September is supposed to be a good month for diving in the Komodo region. If you are into macro, there are loads of nudibranchs and flatworms. Lots of other stuff too.

3m waves that will crush the boat into the reefs like that tourist boat?

don;t worry the Siren can cope with 3m waves if you were to encounter them, and they will go to sheltered spots if its very rough. Capt. Hasbia is v. experienced and the team will plan the best route for the conditions (weather and currents).

have fun!

Back
Top Bottom