Ocean Sunfish in Tulamben?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hintermann

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am going back to Bali for more diving in September-October 2015 and want to maximise my chances of seeing the Mola Mola. I will be based in Padang Bai with 5 dive days, one of them definitely a trip to Nusa Penida. I was hoping to remain in Padang Bai for the remaining 4 dives but am now wondering if it might be an idea to go to Tulamben also on one of those days. Do the Molas come there?

Mola2 have been seen in Tulamben, as have Whaleshark. But this is unusual rather than the norm. I'd suggest Tepekong, Mimpang or the Ferry Channel out of Padang Bai. This year seems to be fantastic for Mola2, with sightings of 7+ each dive over the last couple of days, mostly in Crystal Bay.

OK, point taken. I'll forego the long Tulamben trip - been there this year, done that and got the T-shirt (well, shorts actually). Next year I'll stick to Padang Bai diving and the Nusa Penida trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom