Amed, Bali - Sept 21 ->

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Alcina,

My husband and I will be in Bali from Sept. 18 through Oct. 9. We'll be staying in Candidasa, Tulamben, Pemuteran and Ubud. Diving is planned for Nusa Penida (from Candidasa), Tulamben of course, and Menjangan Island (from Pemuteran).

We'll be in Tulamben Sept. 26 through 30. If you feel like huffing it up to Tulamben, let me know...it's always fun to connect with ScubaBoarders when we're at foreign dive sites!

Last time I was in Bali (in 2007) I was walking through the restaurant of the Mimpi Menjangan, when someone shouted out across the room: "HEY! Aren't you Leejnd?" It was someone I'd never met before, who just happened to have seen me posting in the Bali forum prior to my trip, and recognized me from my profile pic! That was pretty interesting. :wink:

Too bad! Well I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time. I'm not sure if we'll make it down to Amed to dive...we've booked 4 full days of unlimited diving while in Tulamben through our resort. But we may try to arrange for a trip down to dive there during one of those days. I'll be posting photos and trip reports along the way, assuming I have decent internet access.

I'm so excited about this upcoming trip I can hardly stand it! Not only are we doing a ton of diving, but my husband and I will be there over our 30th anniversary so we're doing a Balinese vow renewal ceremony while we're staying at a villa in Ubud. This will be a trip for the record books! :)

Alcina, I'm always in Padang Bai if you want to swing by.

Don't miss the chance to dive at The Jetty in Amuk Bay. It has been dubbed my "favorite dive site in Bali" by several well-travelled photographers and members of the forums, who have dived there recently.

Keeps on getting better! We had 3 rhinopias yesterday, but that was just the icing on top of the cake...

Mike - straight to Tulamben the morning after I arrive as I'm doing the UWMP workshop thingo. I get in around 9:30pm and I think the shuttle leaves around 9am.

Then moving straight to Amed for a few days of diving there. Short short trip for me this time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom