Weight limits extortion. Bali to Bima

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanshin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, I finally managed to come with just the 15kg weight limit. So they changed it to 10kg at the airport counter. No police, no representatives from the company other than the hostesses, no way to reclaim. You either pay or they keep your luggage and that's it.

I'll have to ask why would the Indo Siren people work with Lion air instead of Garuda.

I have been just recently on the same flight. I have been informed about the 10 kg and to be honest the 1.5 US$ per kg excess is really not much considering that probably Garuda has a higher ticket price to start with. We had each around 6 kg excess and it was not even 10 US$ we had yo pay. I dont think that any live aboard company has an influence on weight allowance on any airline.

Transhin,
First of all, we are really sorry to hear that you had to pay an extra luggage fee.
Garuda is much more expensive than Lion Air (for instance, 130 euros vs. 84 euros) and as Whalerock said, Lion Air extra luggage fee is only 1 euro/kilo which will still compensate the price difference with Garuda (even though Garuda allows 20 kg).

Transhin,
First of all, we are really sorry to hear that you had to pay an extra luggage fee.
Garuda is much more expensive than Lion Air (for instance, 130 euros vs. 84 euros) and as Whalerock said, Lion Air extra luggage fee is only 1 euro/kilo which will still compensate the price difference with Garuda (even though Garuda allows 20 kg).
You should know as an indonesian lieaboard that Garuda allows one extra piece of 20kg luggage free for sport equipment.
I have experienced it this morning from Kupang to Jakarta, you need t say "menyalam bagasi" at the check and mae sure it's really filled with scuba equipment. One of our friends was asked to open his bag, he luckily had his regulator sitting on top of the luggage.

Moreover I'd say it's more comfortable and convenient to fly Garuda anytime over LionAir and its fishy organization. try to pay a luggage surcharge at Ambon airport or early morning at CGK LionAir counters, you'll see what I mean.

If anyone wants to extort money from me, I hope they aim higher than $10. I'd be insulted if that is all they thought I was worth. Than shin, give me your address. I'll mail you a cheque so that you don't hate Indonesia anymore.

If anyone wants to extort money from me, I hope they aim higher than $10. I'd be insulted if that is all they thought I was worth. Than shin, give me your address. I'll mail you a cheque so that you don't hate Indonesia anymore.
Ok since you feel you can balance LionAir frustration : Lion Air extorts my lifetime, my temper or any goodwill I have left at the time I am at the check in counter or when I'm trying to get their lengendary loyalty program nobody has ever membershipped... and THIS is almost impossible to refund.

That said, since I have flooded two dSLR cameras on my last trip, let's say you can send me a cheque worth one camera, and dont forget 10$ on top... maybe, just maybe, I won't hate LionAir anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom