Any recommendations for late Feb/early March?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glozz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good Day,

Will be heading back to Malaysia for our yearly family visits during late Feb/early March. I'm looking to fit in a diving trip (at a reasonable price) for about 5-6 nights as well. Have been eyeing Derawan/Gorontalo but would like some advise.

We've dived most of Malaysia (bar layang2) and we've done Bali as well as a trip to Lembeh. Would like to see a balance but more leaning towards Macro. Mantas/sharks would be a definite plus (hence Derawan on the list to be considered - but not received any replies from Dive Derawan).

Any ideas please? Thanks in advance.

cannot help, but interested in possible answers :)

Was thinking about Ambon, but for the $$$; how does it compare to Derawan/Gorontalo?

Ambon would be an option, but I think ambon might be better in April and May rather than feb? Some friends said viz wasn't as good in feb. Luko might be able to add more knowledge re this. This Derawan has good diving with some macro and larger stuff but I don't think I have had anyone say it's better than Lembeh or Bali tulumben area macro.

I have friends that did the Derawan area and they said it was okay but they loved Ambon better! Check out the cover page on Facebook of Diving in Ambon. It has the psy.frogfish photo on it!

If I had to choose I'd rather do Ambon in November, but I 've been twice in Feb and that was gorgeous, lots of sunshine and amazingly clear waters especially if you mind diving the Lease islands (Molana, Saparua, Nusa Laut), 10-30 miles east of Ambon, usually dryer at the period.

I dived a lot of places in Indonesia but I am not sure I would ever care going to Derawan, hearing some of my friends reports. Gorontalo seems a little to small too.

Luko I am booking a holiday 2-3 weeks in either feb-april. I am keen photography and love macro. Lembeh twice was amazing and am looking for somewhere new. My partner she loves luxury and good food and somewhere to chill in the sun as well as top diving (me personally , I am happy with a beach hut and be happy if the diving is good). Looking to spend £3500 pp max incl flights. Do u think drop accomm standard and go raja or combine bali luxury spa resort with East Coast diving? Or more luxury accomm in lembeh?

Hello pughio83, is Lembeh in Feb-april a good period? I thought only Raja Ampat was the place in that period because odf the monsoon in other parts of the country.

I have been on a liveboard in Rajah Ampat and loved it. But may not be what you partner will like :-(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom