Augusta resort - raja ampat - query

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pughio83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As anyone heard of this resort? The resort on the website looks ok, with a nice beach and states it will have a freshwater pool. Two things I think lacking from other raja resorts on the whole. P

The info on website is a bit scanty though I did get a quick email return from the resort re
Pricing structure and location. Apparently 20mins from manta point, 1hr from batanta and mansuar on the other side.

If anyone has been to the soft opening (currently until December 14) I would be interested to hear the review.

At first I thought you switched to golf (ie. Augusta :D )
Though italian owned Agusta looks good, southeast from Mansuar, hence could take a bit of time to the good spots north of Kri and Mansuar.
I just viewed the rates... ouch, 200€ per night per non diver... that is the expensive range buddy ! comparable to Sorido or Raja4divers... I'll skip that one and would rather flush out the money for Misool EcoResort if I were to bankrupt

lol, just found this by chance as looking at all the raja resorts. Yes expensive for non diver but thought the all inclusive option for 10 days diver package incl transfers at 3000euro wasn't bad, albeit still v expensive. I am not sure but I think maybe the other resorts u can stay on 7 or 14 days I'm not quite sure. I really like the look of RADL and raja4divers. Kri also looks ok. Sorido and misool to pricey to justify especially never been raja and my true heart is macro and muck.
Will see how Augusta does over the next 12 months to see how the dive sites are. Probably new guides as well which is always a worry and the website isn't that professionally done!

freshwater on pulau Augusta? really? they must have a desalination unit specially for the pool.

Back
Top Bottom