Tulamben water temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warmwater Wank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone know current or recent ocean temps and conditions in Tulamben? We're there next week and while I assume conditions will be perfect it's nice to know how perfect!

Staying at LDR but only for 15 days before decompressing in Ubud. (Tried to get Uji for our guide but they kept saying something about him being on permanent reserve for Luko--however having Wayan John will be just fine!). Yeah, only 15 days of diving there this time. (We try to add a bit more time each trip but never seems long enough.) I mention this for anyone thinking "Gee, wonder if it's worth diving there?".

Tell Mt.Agung to keep quiet, we'll be there soon. // ww

Close enough to perfect. Terima kasih! // ww

(Tried to get Uji for our guide but they kept saying something about him being on permanent reserve for Luko--however having Wayan John will be just fine!).

:biggrin:
Now that my camera's flooded I'll give him a rest for a few months, I may grant you a few days use of Uji.

WW,
I'll check for you tommorow, hopefully
We're still in Padang bai hunting looking for Rhinos, apparently I'm cursed, anyway, the jetty is very nice dive site
are you diving with Gekodive?

28 for most of the day today, until about 30 mins into a dive at japanese wreck when we got hit by a thermocline that felt about 18C.... bloody uncivilized.. i ran to 3 metres...

I think I've hit that same cold water before in Amed, did the same thing too, shallowed up. The guides said they do run into cooler water around there fairly often and sometimes see some different critters because of it.

28C however, that I appreciate hearing; "We don't need no stinking wetsuits!" remains the catch-phrase! // ww

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom