Post dive few days itinerary from Sorong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremyl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was thinking to extend my trip for ~5 days after my RA LOB. My dive buddies are not sticking around, but my trip ends Jan 13 and my flight to US from Jakarta can be postponed until Jan 18 - leaving me some time. I might be open to some more diving but I want to keep travel to a minimum (doing some more traveling before the LOB).

Any ideas on where to go or what to do? Want to keep costs somewhat reasonable too. I thought of chilling on Bali but its apparently peak of rainy season. I looked into some 'adventure travel' in West Papua but didn't find anything too exciting but maybe I didn't look enough.

I am kinda an adrenaline junky so something hard-core could be fun but I didn't see much offered. Otherwise I'll come home and go ice climbing - but seems like I traveled all that way I should be able to find something.

Thanks,
J

Hi there

We went to Lembongan after our RA LOB last Christmas. It did rain alot , but we really enjoyed the diving and the island. You could visit the Gili Islands which are meant to be a little drier than Bali. I would probably give Sulawesi a go ...Lembeh or Bunaken.

For wonderful diving and dry weather your very best bet would be to stay in RA ...a resort or a home stay depending on your budget.

Enjoy Raja Ampat...it truly is awesome.

I am kinda an adrenaline junky so something hard-core could be fun
Buying a koteka in Sorong and wear it downtown Jakarta? is that hardcore fun enough? :D

I would check into PNG a little more! You could always climb Carstensz Pyramid. I think that might satisfy your adrenaline junky side!!!
I was thinking to extend my trip for ~5 days after my RA LOB. My dive buddies are not sticking around, but my trip ends Jan 13 and my flight to US from Jakarta can be postponed until Jan 18 - leaving me some time. I might be open to some more diving but I want to keep travel to a minimum (doing some more traveling before the LOB).

Any ideas on where to go or what to do? Want to keep costs somewhat reasonable too. I thought of chilling on Bali but its apparently peak of rainy season. I looked into some 'adventure travel' in West Papua but didn't find anything too exciting but maybe I didn't look enough.

I am kinda an adrenaline junky so something hard-core could be fun but I didn't see much offered. Otherwise I'll come home and go ice climbing - but seems like I traveled all that way I should be able to find something.

Thanks,
J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom