New Resort Opening in Triton Bay, West Papua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jt17

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Please I would like to make a small announcement. I am one of the owners of a new resort that will be opening in Triton Bay, West Papua (Triton Bay Divers). We are scheduled to be ready by late Feb, 2015 and will be the first resort there.

If you are not familiar with the region, Triton Bay offers opportunities for both macro and wide-angle photography, with beautiful soft coral gardens, massive schools of fish, and marine life ranging in size from pygmy seahorses to whale sharks.

We are running a soft opening special 30% discount if trips are booked before the end of January 2015. For more information, please visit our website: www.tritonbaydivers.com or follow us on Facebook (Triton Bay Divers). If you would like to contact us, its better that you use the email provided on the Contact Us page of the website rather than PM'ing me on Scubaboard as internet access is difficult when I'm on site. Thank you.

Wow! Our only trip that was to include Triton bay was cancelled due to unrest! This will be a great way to visit!

GOOD LUCK dealing with the local chiefs there!!

I love Triton Bay! Will you transport from Kaimana?

Well, our partners are some of the local chiefs so we do have a relationship with them.

We will definitely pick up guests from the airport in Kaimana. Transport to the resort is included in the package if you arrive on Sat and depart the following Sat, as our packages are designed for 7 days.

Welcome! We wish you success. Any clean investment in Papua is very welcome.

What is a clean investment . . .and what isn't, please?

Sorry, I wrote it after reading after an article about mining. It is used in "Clean and Clear". A funny term indeed.
Modern mining such as we see it from Chinese and Chinese/Indonesian companies is very destructing in several ways. The same is true for oil palm plantations. But this is all old news, I know.
One of the best economics effects of tourism is that nothing leaves the country in return for the incoming foreign currencies. In this way a 100% profit situation. This is old news too, but local governments are still not enough aware of this.

Sorry, I wrote it after reading after an article about mining. It is used in "Clean and Clear". A funny term indeed.
Modern mining such as we see it from Chinese and Chinese/Indonesian companies is very destructing in several ways. The same is true for oil palm plantations. But this is all old news, I know.
One of the best economics effects of tourism is that nothing leaves the country in return for the incoming foreign currencies. In this way a 100% profit situation. This is old news too, but local governments are still not enough aware of this.

Definitely. Papua is rich in resources and the mining, logging, and oil companies are all there. Tourism is one way to promote economic development for the region without exploiting natural resources.

Back
Top Bottom