2-3 night layover in Jakarta...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orenbvip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have a stop over on my way to raja ampat. Jakarta is huge so any advice is greatly appreciated. Just want to relax and maybe take in some sights/shopping. Any hotel recommendations around $50/night?

thanks,

there's several transit hotel near the airport - they provide shuttle service from to airport 24 hours. These hotels are okay for short transit, nap and shower, waiting for next flight but not recommend for 2-3 days. will take time to downtown or CBD. Jakarta traffic is insane.

Amaris panglima polim or Neo hotel melawai is budget hotel located in strategic area of south Jakarta, close to CBD, food courts, shopping mall and easy access to old town, museums, national monument, embasies via Transjakarta busway.
The room is very small but clean.

Currently I'm stranded in Jakarta for few weeks. Let me know if you have any particular interests?

Last edited:
We stayed at FM7 Resort [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Hotel Jakarta which was very near to the airport. It was pretty reasonable. I can not remember the price but you could check it out.[/FONT]

First off, allow for the fact that the traffic in Jakarta is the heaviest that I have seen in any major city in the world. Traffic jams on even smaller roads are a way of life and not always in the rush hours.

I stayed recently at Ibis Budget in Menteng for around $40 or so. Nice enough hotel if you are not fussy with lots of nearby restaurants.

As for shopping, there are plenty of huge malls around to chose from.

I stayed recently at Ibis Budget in Menteng for around $40 or so. Nice enough hotel if you are not fussy with lots of nearby restaurants.

there's several nice restaurant within walking distance. Oasis, the best restaurant in Indonesia for Rijsttafel is less than 10 minute walk - not cheap though, but here you'll be served by 12 girls with Dutch colonial cuisine.

but I'm not sure if this hotel is located on Transjakarta busway lane - you might need to use taxi to visit other interesting places.

thanks for all the recommendations. Booked the Neo Melawai ,now questions is taxi the best way? can't wait to get bombarded outside the airport....[h=1][/h]

. Oasis, the best restaurant in Indonesia for Rijsttafel is less than 10 minute walk - not cheap though, but here you'll be served by 12 girls with Dutch colonial cuisine.

I've always been tempted to try a real Rijsttafel. Do they do it for two and how much?

thanks for all the recommendations. Booked the Neo Melawai ,now questions is taxi the best way? can't wait to get bombarded outside the airport....

From the airport to the hotel, taxi is the easiest way but you can also use Damri shuttle bus to Blok M. Mall, cinema, night life, restaurants are within walking distance from the hotel, Transjakarta bus will be faster (particularly in the morning and after office hour) and certainly much cheaper to get to CBD, other mall, museums, chinese town and old city.

---------- Post added December 11th, 2014 at 08:08 PM ----------

I've always been tempted to try a real Rijsttafel. Do they do it for two and how much?

Min. 10 pax for lunch and 2 pax for dinner, at approx. USD 55 net per pax.
check the menu

RIJSTTAFEL SET - Oasis Restaurant

We took a taxi and it was great! You will be bombarded for sure!!!

Ignore all the touts and go to the Bluebird kiosk. Metered taxi.

Back
Top Bottom