Best place I can dive with 4-5 days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NeilK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am in Jakarta now. Getting to and from some places takes time and I have only 4-5 days to spare. I wonder where I can get to and dive in this time frame?

Years ago I dived in Amed, Bali. So I have already been spoiled. That time I had an international driving license so I was able to drive to the resort. Now I rely on public transport and taxis. I have Padi advanced open water certification.

Bali again? Nusa Lembongan or up to Tulamben/Amed... Or Lembeh/Bunaken. Lembeh has great muck... Bunaken nice walls... Or Komodo day trips out of Labuan Bajo.
So many choices all are great.

Greetings from North Sulawesi Neilk,

Garuda Airlines, Lion Air and Batik Air all from from Jakarta to Manado non-stop. Lembeh Strait is famous for "muck' diving, Bunaken for it's spectacular walls and Bangka Island for it's hard & soft coral gardens. North Sulawesi has it all!

Wherever you choose to take your dive holiday we hope you have a fantastic time.

Dive Bunaken, Bangka Island and Lembeh Strait - on our Passport to Paradise dive 1 or all 3.

I am amazed that I can get back to Bali at such short notice at the new year. I see that a lot of resorts do pickups and it is no problem to arrange transport for $45 one way. Great stuff. Amed here I come!

LembehR&Critters - thanks for the suggestion.

Lembeh is awesome. We have stayed at KBR 3x and loved it every time! Have fun!

juts back from Tulamben yesterday. Diving with LDR from 24 - 28 Dec, lot of rain. Some sites were not diveable. The viz at the wreck was poor even we have to cancel our night dive at 26 Dec. but the next morning viz was going better (5-6 m).

I stayed in Lipah. Most shops were closed new years eve, which is understandable. I managed a new years day dive with BL divers (local owner manager and staff) on the Liberty ship wreck and the wall (drop off). Low viz but great fun and amazing to be back in the water on the first day of the new year. Then I switched to adventure divers (british/belgian ) owners. It was clear why they get rave reviews. They really take care of you.

Back when I started in 2009 in bali the instructors were European. That is something I miss. There are still some Europeans but now mainly locals.

For a quick getaway from Jakarta i would go either N.Sulawesi option or catch a one hour lion air flight to Padang in Sumatra and spend a few days diving on a private island called Cubadak. Interesting and different diving from the rest of Indo - a lot of sponges and soft coral with the indian ocean influence - plus a private island is not a bad way to chill out for a few days at all.

"Back when I started in 2009 in bali the instructors were European. That is something I miss. There are still some Europeans but now mainly locals."

So what?

Wow!! I have never seen it that way!!!
juts back from Tulamben yesterday. Diving with LDR from 24 - 28 Dec, lot of rain. Some sites were not diveable. The viz at the wreck was poor even we have to cancel our night dive at 26 Dec. but the next morning viz was going better (5-6 m).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom