Lembeh, pls help! where will I be happiest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chillyinCanada

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Gardenview room at Lembeh Resort or Two Fish or Black Sands or yet another option?

Please advise soonest. :) I need to book immediately as this is last minute.

Thanks to all in advance!

Black sands is brilliant!!! And they just installed a pool!

What I liked about BS's most is that they are right on top of the best sites so you head out do your dive then come back and do your safety stop at the resort.
Also they have smaller boats which can literally only take 4 divers so you are absolutely certain to dive in very small groups.

I have not stayed at the other two but Two Fish looks great if you are budget minded, although I would tend towards Froggies if budget was an issue.

I have stayed at NAD (more of a back packer feel - but good, if that is what you are looking for) and Divers Lodge Lembeh which is on the Southern point of Lembeh. DLL is also a really good resort and very good value for money, but a bit far from the main dives sites, but it does open up the ocean side of Lembeh which has some great reef dives.

But to me BS was worth the extra cash.

Lembeh Resort just seems a tad too expensive. That's why BS to me is a nice middle ground of luxury and price.

I'm budget minded and have used Two Fish 3x. Well run operation. Budget rooms are very simple with shared bath down some stairs, so taking a leak in the middle of the night is not the most convenient. They have two standard rooms that are very nice with own bath, I've never stayed in the cottages. When I go there I leave the wife at home so I do pay a single supplement. The food is ok, not great all Asian style-no western style which is fine with me. they do actually serve vegetables which I appreciate and this last trip they did have less fried food than before which I also appreciated.
I do like the mix of divers there always seem to be friendly and good company.

Lembeh resort is great, excellent dive guides, good food, ideally located in the centre of the strait, they have better boats than the others (I don't like the small speedboats like KBR or BSands. My camera is better off on large flat wooden boat like LR's)
It's my prefered choice when I am with my non diving wife, perhaps one of the few resorts around where a non diver would agree to stay.

I agree it's quite expensive though.

We are also trying to find a place to stay and dive in late September. We are a group of 4 (2 couples) advanced divers. Has anyone stayed or has info about Kungkungan Bay ? this place was recommended by a travel agent.
Thanks

Vann

Lots of choices. Kungkungan Bay Resort is a recommendation as are the Murex Resorts (sister resorts to Lembeh), NAD-Lembeh, and the Two Fish locations (Lembeh, Bangka, Bali). There is also Maluku Divers in Laha, Ambon known as "critters without crowds." Maybe even raja4divers or Misool Eco Resort in Raka Ampat if you want to spend a few more bucks. Although Lember Resort is good, there are many other options.

I have stayed at NAD (more of a back packer feel - but good, if that is what you are looking for)

Curious how long ago you stayed at NAD. Not even close to 'backpacker feel'. Last time we were there was three years ago, and it was pretty comfortable then. Looking at the website, much is unrecognizable since then! Major improvements are an ongoing theme there.

Link to resort: Just a moment...

Lembeh Resort is the only one I've contacted so far and they've offered me single rates in both gardenview and deluxe. Pricey, yes but i feel like $500 more is not necessarily unreasonable for the difference between deluxe and gardenview? Though overall price for either is somewhat staggering. I'm looking for comfort, ease, excellent guides, shade on boats and anywhere else I can find it, food leaning to a North American/European palate, a few glasses of wine. Don't want to scare anyone on my way for a middle of the night uh, er, pee. Probably need A/C too.

Oh and most importantly, need a resort that takes credit cards or will accept my reservation without a deposit. I'm not going to wire anyone money and didn't bring enough US cash with me anyway. (Could probably figure that out though)

OK thanks all. Guess still have research to do on accommodations but might as well book my flight.

HANDS DOWN FROGGIES~!

Ive been there 2 twice in past two years. I've also been to 2 fish twice. its best bang for the buck and all brand new. it could be one of the best deals in diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom